Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

10 week, what time do you put to bed?

Hi Ladies

Orginally i was putting my baby girl down to sleep at 9.00. but lately she gets tired earlier and earlier. I have just fed her at 5pm and by 6.00 she is cranky and crying so i have put her down already. she usually goes for 6 hours after her last feed at night. So when i was feeding her at 8 and putting to bed at 9 she was going to 2am and then after feed going to 6am but since i have put her down earlier she is only goimg to 12/1am and then 4-5am

what time do your babies go to bed and rise in the morning, should i try and keepo her up later?

xx

Replies

• Options
    DD goes down betweeen half six and seven, keeping them up is not going to make the night easier, just harder as they get overtired, we are BF and get up at around 2 and 5 then up at 7am at the minute and shes 12 weeks tomorrow, most babies are still getting up in the night at this stage, have you thought about putting down at 7pm then dreamfeeding at 11pm to get her to skip the 1am feed?
  • Options
    That sounds exactly like my daughter and she is ten weeks tomorrow. We had a brilliant routine of 8-2 then 2.30/3-5.30 but now it has gone to pot. I cant offer any advice, I am hoping it is a growth spurt and she will settle down soon! x
  • Options
    I suppose I'm G/C now that Charlie is 1 year. :cry:

Anyway I always put Abby down at 7pm from about 3 weeks. She was 100% BF and would have a bedtime routine from 6pm of BF/bath/massage/dress/BF and be in bed and asleep from 7pm. I would then feed at 10pm and about 4am (she dropped the 4am and went to 6/7am from about 10 weeks). She still has a similar bedtime routine now at nearly 3 (bath/dress/Peppa Pig and milk/teeth/story/bed by 7pm).

Charlie was in hospital until 3.5 months old. Even there I would try and put into place a bedtime routine from about 6/7pm. He was iv-fed and couldn't leave his cot area but I still BF/changed his nappy/cuddle/change clothes and in cot with mobile by 8pm. In fact most of the parents on our ward were the same. We tried really hard to keep our children in a routine and tvs were turned off and lights lowered by 8pm and we tried to encourage nurses to complete the most invasive procedures by this time.

Both children now go down easily (touchwood) at 7pm and it has suited our family very well. My OH and I have always appreciated our evenings together.

H xx
  • Options
    thanks for the advice.

I think i am going to carry on putting her down about 7. As she just gets cranky or falls asleep in her bouncer, bless her.

She is feeding at around 1am and 4am and then we go back to bed untill around 7. so sounds like she is pretty normal.

When you do a dreamfeed, do you not wind them? as surely this will wake them? i tried feeding her at 10pm last night and she only took 1.5 ounces and still woke up at 1am? is she to young for dream feeds?

• Options
    There is not set time it's all about what routine works for your baby. Usually between 6-7 is a good time. If your baby's feeding is going backwards instead of forwards you need to look more closely at what's happening, 9pm is rather late and she would benefit from an earlier bedtime.

Juliet