Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Rolling in sleep...........

My dd is 6 1/2 months and has started rolling. She rolls on to her tummy in her sleep and then cries because she cant get back onto her tummy. Any advice as to how I can stop her from rolling, I was up turning her over 5 times last night!

Replies

• Options
    try rolling up towels and putting them either side of her quite snug, should stop her from doing it, both mine used to do that, such a pain lol! hope that helps image
  • Options
    My daughter is 7 1/2 months and can't roll right over during the day. She can only roll on her side but when it comes to night time thats a different story. She twists and turns all night and ends up in all different directions. Her feet where her head should be and vice versa. Other times in a ball in the corner and a lot of the time on her belly with one arm trapped. Its a nightmare and I constantly have to fix her during the night. I was wondering what I could do as well.
  • Options
    hi glitter bug

sorry, no helpful advice! Just wanted to say (no offence to lady lewis) when i went to a postnatal group a lady there had been rolling towels in her LO's cot for the same reason, the HV strongly advised her to stop as once LO's can roll on their front they could potentially end up face against the towel - especially if not really concious - obviously there are risks with that.

My LO is 6 months and only rolls from front to back to get off his front - he isnt a fan! Can feel your pain though :roll:
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies. We have tried rolled up towels/pillows (put underneath the fitted sheet so that she cant pull them about and suffocate herself!!) but she can still roll with out any room either side of her! She is such a bugger!
  • Options
    I found a sleeping bag worked. My dd could roll both ways at 4 months, but didn't start rolling in the night until she was 6 or 7 months. I was convinced it was because it was more difficult in the bag.
  • Options
    My daughter does it in the Sleeping bag so that doesn't work for us lol. I don't know if anything works. If they want to roll they will roll I suppose although is a nightmare for us.
  • Options
    Same here Louise, my dd hates her sleeping bag so we put her in a sleep suit instead. It is a nightmare. At the moment I am putting her on her tummy in the day as much as possible in the hope that she may learn to roll on to her back! x
  • Options
    I had a 'sleep positioner' thing that stopped my daughter from doing this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/First-Years-Nature-Sensations-Positioner/dp/B000HK89GA

It was fantastic until she learned to roll back and saved many nighttime trips to put her back on her back again! !

Good luck!