Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Eczema Help & Advise........

Hi, my daughter is now 16 weeks old & a couple of weeks ago I started using Johnsons products and her skin became very dry and she has developed eczema on her elbows and knees. I have been using olive oil twice a day but her skin is still very dry. I took her to the doctors who gave us an aqueous cream which she had a reaction to image
I wondered, can anyone recommend anything I can do to help her skin; any creams or lotions that have worked for you?
I am also about to purchase a mattress for her cot & wondered if anyone knew of any mattress' that are good for helping skin conditions / allergies / eczema?
Thank you so much in advance x

Replies

• Options
    My son who is now 4half started with ezcema at similar age. My hv condemned aqueous cream as high % of reactions but first things Dr turn to! We use a cream called double base gel aft bath and Johnsons aveeno cream at other times. Speak to your hv. They can recommend and prescribe bits too. Avoid Johnson baby products. We used halo and horns baby wash. Is smells gorgeous and is specially made. Good luck Xxx
  • Options

Hi,

My lilttle girl will be 3 this year started with it when she was a few weeks old, weve tried so many creams which most make it worse. We found that oilatum made it worse but lots of people recomended it. We now use double base cream and hydrocortisone steroid if it really flares up - after 2 years of trying we found that dair make it worse so she now has soya milk and yogurts and hardly ever has any excema now x hope you find the solution soon! x

• Options

Johnson's Baby stuff is terrible for baby skin! Everytime Ryan had a bath with it he came out really dry. I use grapeseed oil on him, which my baby massage teacher recommended, and when i don't want to get him all greased up, eg after a bath, i use E45, and both have worked wonders.

• Options

hi, my daughter is 5 now and started with ezcema at the age of 6 weeks old. weve tried every cream imaginable. we find the best thing that works for her is emulsifing oitment not cream, fucidin for her inflamed bits and eumovate(steroid) cream for her infected bits. its an awful thing to have ezcema and so many times ive cried over it. but now that we have our lotions our daughters skin is great. honestly...try everything and anything untill you find what works for you, you might find you need to alternate with two creams. we also use, E45 and Oilatum bath for children which you can get on prescription or from the supermarket. hope this helps x x x