Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

baby birth and holiday

Could you pls give me an advice?

We (my husband, 2 small children and myself) should gor for a holiday in Croatia this monday. My sister has the baby due date on wednesday - 2 days later. What would you do? Would you gor for the holiday? Or would you stay at home and postpone the departure?

My husband wants to travel on monday because our friends are already waiting for us in Croatia.

Could you help me please? What would you do?

Many thnximage)

Replies

• Options

its difficult to say really as it depends on your relationship with your sister and how important it is to the both of you that you are around. there's no saying if the baby will be born while you're gone - although its quite likely. there will obviously be plenty of time for catching up with your sister, helping out and having baby cuddles once you're home (she will need you for many months/years to come!) but as far as being there for the birth and immently afterwards only you can really decide. maybe ask your sister how she feels? x

• Options

It's hard to answer this one.  Many babies don't arrive on their due date & you can not know exactly when it will happen (it can be up to 2wks later before they may induce her if baby has not arrived on its own).  So my advice is 'How long is your holiday?' & 'Does your sister need/want you at the birth?' If you're only away for 1-2wks holiday & your sister has somebody else to be her birthing partner then take your holiday.  Yes, she's your sister but she'll be tired from the birth & not wanting to see too many people those first few days & you'll see her & baby soon enough once your own family are home from their needed holiday.  Best wishes & hope you have a lovely time.