Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

how often do are supose to be seen by a midwife

Hey, at the moment i am 17 weeks 18 tomrrw, and have not been seen by a mw. i have signed with a lady when i was 13 weeks but have not seen or spoken to her since thn. i also have not heard the bbys heartbeat since my 12 week scan should i be worried that i have not been seen since or am i fussing over nothing. i have had first lot of bloods done.

pls help am a lil confused at the moment!! i do have four children prior but can remember how long it took beforei saw my mw a second time.

Replies

• Options

During a first pregnancy it’s typical to have around ten appointments with your midwife, which will become more frequent towards the end of your pregnancy. The exact scheduling and number will vary from area to area and will also depend on whether you are having a high or low risk pregnancy.

Remember, if something is worrying you, there’s no need to wait for your next appointment. Your midwife will give you a contact number (usually for your local maternity unit) that you can call 24/7 for help. image