Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Kids fed on Neocate due to Cow Milk Allergy

I am blessed with a baby boy in the month of April 2012…My Son was healthy when he was born and he was all well….it’s only after couple of weeks we found that he has cow milk allergy ….we have been to so many hospitals and more than us he suffered at lot …an adult would never fit in his shoes and experience that pain….. honestly nobody can come over the pain of those dozens of injections and repeated hospitalization….however after being hospitalized for seven times we final found a solution for his diet ..its Neocate LCP and we are feeding him on Neocate LCP since past four months ……we tried alternate diet along with Neocate milk but he is still not comfortable with it ….whenever we try something else like rice flour or just rice fining grinned, diluted and fed ,,,he start puking and goes dehydrated …….I want to know if somebody else is feeding their kid on Neocate and more important if somebody had fed their kid on Neocate and went back to normal diet ….if yes please let me know the time to time changes you made in his/her diet to go back to normal ……….I am writing this post with a lot of expectation and request you all too kindly share your experience with me …..thank you

Replies

• Options
    Hi ... Both my daughter were on nutramagin this is a milk & lactose free formula. It's horrible having poorly baby's I no how you feel. My little one went down to 4lb 10oz & was prodded & poked & had so many bruses was heart breaking. When I started to add solids I just added 3oz of the first bottle at breakfast to baby rice but only keep it to a small amount & then done the same at lunch & dinner ( breakfast for a week , adder dinner then a week later lunch too ) I also brought organix apple & pear pur??e pots would give 1/3 with each meal. Hope this helps. Best of luck x
  • Options
    Oh & they are both fine now oldest has skimmed milk as other milk give her a poorly tummy but she has yoghurts ( from 16 months plus she was ok ) & youngest has full fat & is fine ( from 13 month ) image
  • Options

Thanks for your valuable suggestion…can you please let me know a little more about the step by step process you took to have them go on normal diet ……..like things you started first and things which worked and which should be avoided …looking forward for your reply..Thanks

• Options
    Yer course ... I started them with 3oz of the morning bottle mixed with baby rice ( done this for a week ) the next week I done the same for dinner ( so they had breakfast & dinner ) then the week after done the same at lunch time . I then gradually added 1/3 of a pot of fruit pur??e with each meal ( I brought organix ) when they were finishing the whole meal I then added an extra 2oz of the bottle so made up a little extra. I then added finger food when they were able to sit & hold objects with out help eg: organix crisps, bead sticks, fruit. When they were a little bigger things like toast with jam ( no butter ) & jam sandwich were great. I also brought organix baby food if I was out for the day. It is all natural & list every ingredient so just be sure there is no milk product added. ( the puddens all have milk content so I stuck with fruit pure. Hope this has helped image xxx
  • Options

It started when he is 35 days old ….he lost a lot of weight and went hydrated and then doctor suggested for oral medicine for a week . we used the oral medicine and it dint work then he was so hydrated by then that he was hospitalized for the first time…..doctor diagnosed and confirmed that it was blood infection and gave him high dose antibiotics …which helped him with blood infection and he was normal …..while in the hospital he was given soya milk and we were asked to continue that same for at least a month or until advised……after a couple of week it started again puking and diarrhea….he got hospitalized for the second time with the same compliant …this time they went for immune system test and found no problem in it …………..it went on for 4 more times and we were helpless and he condition so not getting better …..we tried almost everything rice flour water, coconut water, soya milk , Pearl sago water ….noting worked ………then doctor advised for Neocate LCP when he was 6 months …which is not easily available here in our country …however we were able to get and feed on Neocate from the past couple of months and he is all well … I will try as you suggested …… Please let me know if you have any more suggestions on this …..I really appreciate you for taking out time and reply to my post….thank you

• Options

My dear friend feed her baby with Neocate until 3 years old. Now she is feeding her with soy milk.

Other milk that she can feed her girl is Almond milk (much better for food intolerant kids). Now I have the same problem with my baby and the only solution was NEOCATE.

One thing I SUPER recomend (because I saw a magic change in my baby) is to go to a gastroenterologist (for kids) and ask him to give her PROVIOTIC AND PREVIOTIC

This is a powder that you mix in the milk or water, and this will help the intestine to absorb the nutrients in the best way. The intestine is where 90% of the inmunologic  baby sistem is located. So, It is very important to fix it with proviotics and previotics.