Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Distressed baby, aptamil caused!

Hi all, just to let you all know the experience that I have had recently with my baby with hope that this may help someone else. My little boy is now 8 weeks old and a very happy baby, but this has only been for the past 2 weeks since I ave changed his milk to cow and gate first milk. At birth my little boy was on aptamil and for 24 hours was in neonatal ad the birth was traumatic. When he came back over to the ward I realised how much of a handful he was he would scream constantly to be picked up and would only fall asleep on my chest, I put this down to the ready made bottles as I had dr browns at home and thought no more of it. When we got discharged after 4 days I realised that something was wrong with my baby as he would scream in pain constantly, would not settle at night, he was also constipated and just all round nt how a usual baby was. At 1 week old I took him to doctors they prescribed lactolose and colief and paracetamol. At ths time alarm bells started to ring as I know that colic usually starts between 2-4 weeks old and lasts till baby is 3 months old. After 3 weeks of sleep deprived nights I contacted my local hospital and the paediatrician became involved. They put it down to reflux and prescribed donperidone and ranitidine. Still no relief. By 6 weeks old my son had been admitted to hospital twice and stopped breathing as he was in so much pain. By 6 weeks old I had enough and typed in on the Internet problems with aptamil... Luckily I found one womans description sayin her baby was the same the description could not have been better and she sad the problem lies with aptamil as they have changed the milk and is now made in dry air conditions. She switched to Cow and gate and had instantly a new baby. By this time I would try anything so sent my partner out for 1 tub of cow and gate with the attitude, things cannot get worse by doing this. I had 1 more final sleepless night as he was run away with diorrea from changing milk. The day after my child was completely different ad slept all day and 3/4 hours at night this was an amazing change. Don't always listen to your health visitor or doctors about changing the milk do what you need to do . I did anything for a nights sleep now at 8 weeks old hes a perfect playful happy baby. Hope this helps Elisha x