Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hungry baby

Hi

My son is almost 10 weeks and is constantly hungry. I've been feeding him Cow & Gate hungry milk but it does not seem to be satisfying him at all. He barely goes 3 hours between feeds and he is taking 7oz bottles, clears the lot and still looks once its all gone. He's obviously too young to have food and i don't wanna keep upping the oz.

He is also a "sicky" baby and i'm thinking maybe he doesn't like the milk. I'm thinking of changing brands to see if he's better on another milk. My daughter was on SMA hungry milk and she had no problem with it and it satisfied her enough to go 5 hours between feeds when she was the same age.

However, the health visitor tells me to stick with it because changing brands at this stage is not a good idea.

Has anyone changed brands at 10 wks? or later? Or possibly given their babies rusk at this early stage?

Thanks

Sarah xx

Proud mum of Lily Button born 26 May 2009 weighing 7lbs 3oz and Jack Button born 8 March 2013 weighing 8lb 6oz

Replies

• Options

Hello Sarah, I would personally up the ounce as Oscar ( my son) would empty the big 240 ml bottles at 8 weeks. It was breast milk too so I was constantly attached To the bump or baby. In regards to feed I topped up with aptimal and had no problems. Your Jack may just be a sicky baby so whichever you use he may bring up, I would change the feed, expect some stinky wind for a couple of days whilst he gets used to it( Oscar did when he went to hungry baby) , but I would just buy the litre bottles so you don't waste money on a tub oaf different and you don't get on with it.  I personally would not give rusks or rice at 10 weeks, I started Oscar at 14 weeks because he was starving and unsatisfied, Hv words not mine! Do what you think, don't compare to your daughter as all baby's are different. Please let m know what you did and I hope all goes well. 

• Options

My little boy was the same as a baby.  Couldn't go more than 3 hours until he was weaned at 6 months.  Some babies ae just a lot hungrier than others like adults I guess.  Personally I wouldn't give a rusk at all as they have more sugar in than a regular digestive.  I found the hungry baby milk helped him go a little longer but not much.  I think these little boys just have hollow legs and when my son has had growth spurts he's be feeding every 2 hours!x