Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

help-and-advice-needed-for-my-16-week-old

Hey Guys,

I wanted some advice and to hear other mums experiences on an issue i have with my 16 week old little boy. 

At 7 weeks he was diagnosed with Reflux and was started on Ranitidine x3 a day. I had read that early weaning for babies with reflux can actually benefit them. I spoke to my HV who's son also had severe reflux and actually started weaning from 13 weeks. So 2 weeks ago I started my little boy on baby rice which he enjoyed and soon got the hang of what to do.........no problem at all! 

I mix his baby rice with his milk and a small portion of a fruit puree. He has a 120ml bottle of milk at 6.30am, a bowl of baby rice around 9.30ish. Another 150ml bottle at 1pm........between 4/5pm he will have another bowl of baby rice followed by a 60ml bottle. At 8pm he will have a 170ml bottle and i also top him up at 11pm with another 100mls. Some days he can have an extra 2 bowls of baby rice amongst this feeding schedule.

However I got him weighed yesterday and he has only gained 4oz in 2 weeks. Now he is a long/tall baby and is CONSTANTLY active, rolling on his side, arms and legs flying around, feet in his mouth, and always trying to sit up when i lay him down!!! Could his metabolism be high?? The men in our family are TALL!!!

The HV suggested to try him on hungry baby milk and keep going with the rice as it seems to be helping his reflux! So much so we halved his Ranitidine intake!!

I just wondered what you would do? I feel he gets bored drinking his milk.........and just messes with the teat in his mouth. I've tried winding him, and he's on the 6month plus teats too. 

He will be 17 weeks next week and i wondered whether i should start exclusively weaning alongside the hungry baby milk to try get him to put on weight! 

He's totally fine in himself, no problems, and wants to eat! I'm wondering if as quick as im feeding him he's burning it off being so god damn active!!

I'd really appreciate some advice.........image