Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

BabyBjorn are moving away from 'crotch-danglers'

Hi,

Have been researching a baby carrier purchase.  I notice the Babybjorn carriers seem to be by far the most popular on the market, but some people are really anti-them and say they're bad for the baby's hips.  

Came across this excellant article reviewing their new carrier - the same writer had previously completely panned babybjorns 'crotch-danglers' so I thought it was an interesting move by Babybjorn to offer up their new carrier to her for review.

http://www.megganmamma.com/2013/11/03/baby-carrier-one-review/

Does anyone have any experience with this new bjorn or have any recommendations for other carriers?  I think I'm favoring an Ergo at the moment.

Replies

• Options

I haven't looked into the new baby bjorn but yes they are bad for a baby, they're also bad for the wearer. I went to a sling meet to try out a few different slings and carriers and ended up with a Solar Weave Connecta. I started using it when my dauighter was 3 months old & still use it all the time at 21 months (only used my buggy a handful of times.