Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Veeeeerrry tired mommy

Hi all my little boy is 8 months old and still not sleeping through the night image I'm trying to keep him in a routine of bath then bed for 7 but he must awake around 6/7 times. Me and my partner are now running out of matchsticks to prop our eyes open! Any advice is greatly received xxx

Replies

• Options

Sorry Hun I feel ur pain. My dd stopped sleeping at 17 weeks and was about 2 or 3 before she started sleeping better. She's 4 now and still wakes some nights. My mum said I was 6 before I slept thru. Have u tried a bottle just before bed? Has he got teeth coming thru? what is it he wants when he wakes up? All I can say is stick with the routine, try n let him cry for a bit before u go in to him if u can (this is where I went wrong with my dd) he will grow out of it eventually xx

• Options

Thanks for replying. i lie him in his bed with a bottle and he goes to sleep drinking that. Sometimes he will go back off from me stroking his head or tapping his bum but sometimes I have to pick him up rock him then put him back down when he is asleep. I try to leave him crying but I also have a 6 year old so worry about him waking her image his teeth have been playing him up from about 2 months but as yet no teeth through xx

• Options

Bless u sounds just like my lo. Maybe he's getting ready to cut some teeth, I used to use Ashton and parsons teething powders it's the only thing that soothed her. She suffered something rotten with her teeth. Really hope he settles soon for u xx

• Options

Thankyou me too cause these are bags are gettin ridiculousimage x

• Options

*eye* haha can't even type

• Options

I would agree with the pp. Babies are naturally prone to sleeping through the night so even though it's not great for you it's completely normal. My daughter slept through the night from 9 weeks & then started waking again at 22 weeks & didn't sleep through consistently until she just after 1. I think it was mainly due to teething as she started sleeping better when her 1st few teeth came through but you just won't know what it is.

& don't worry about rocking or feeding your baby to sleep. I breast fed my daughter to sleep for almost every time she woke in the night & can assure you that it's not habit forming. So do what you need to do whether it's singing or rocking or feeding them. I hope it doesn't last too much longer for you

• Options

Thankyou fingers crossed x