Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Nail Clippers - awful things

I was cutting my 12 week old babies nails last night and caught her thumb. I feel so guilty and feel like a bad mother. As soon as I did it, her thumb started bleeding and after holding a swab on it for ages it would not stop bleeding and my little girl was screaming which made me feel worse cause it clearly hurt her. I ended up taking her to hospital and they dressed it and checked it over. My husband was not happy with me at all last night and said I should never have used the clippers. He thinks they are awful things. I have used them before without any problems. I still feel upset this morning about it and my hubby is still in a mood with me. Has anyone done this before??

Replies

• Options

Hi huni DONT FEEL BAD! you not a bad mum at all and dont feel guilty x

I think most people will admit to doing this or their partner doing it, my other half decided to cut little mans nails, it happens huni, we caught the tip of his middle finger, it bled for a while but soon stopped.

xxx

• Options

Awww bless u hun it was a genuine accident. I caused my dd to have a 2nd degree burn when she was almost 2 as put her cot too close to the radiator and left the radiator on by accident and she fell asleep with her arm on the radiator. I cried for days oh was not happy had to have nurses round daily to redress it 

• Options
    Its a common accident to have, they even sell baby nail clippers. Luckily for me I was told to bite my babies nails as your mouth is more accurate xxx hugs