Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

When did your LO's talk/walk

Hello everyone just wanted to know did your little one walk or talk first? My son is 13months old and a confident walker but nowhere near talking yet and if yurt baby walked first how soon after did they talk thanks xx

Replies

• Options

Hey lucygemm... I really wouldnt worry! He's walking around & thats spot on great for his age but every child is different so try not to worry / compare him. As much as people like to talk about 'normal' development, the timeline / process is not as finite as the development charts make it seem.... Some babies for example skip crawling all together & go straight to walking (& in the meantime parents worry that their child hasnt started crawling).

The talking will come when he's ready / feels the desire or need to talk. At his age the GENERAL guideline is that children should be starting to use single words only (mama, dada etc) & as he gets more towards 18months... Start to link these still single words to requests.. Ie juice. He should be starting to understand simple 1 word instructions... No being a common one! image.... But thats it... Its still very basic at that age.

I've not been blessed with my own little one yet (recently had a missed miscarriage so back on the ttc wagon). But am a childcare social worker so have observed & analyzed my share of babies! image

hope this helps & if you need anything else... Just keep posting... The ladies on here are all very nice & super supportive!

• Options

Hi huni 

my boy was walking just before he turned 1 and would only say mummy at around 14 months he is now 18 months and says a fair few words every child is different and will pick things up in their own time, try not to worry too much xx

• Options

My 3year was walking at 10 months unaided amd could say bub and dad at the time but when he was about 15 months he started copying words and my youngest whose now 1.5 started walking just before his 1st birthday and he can say the basics