Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Reflux

Hey we found out my 5 month old baby girl had reflux when she was 2weeks old and has been on Zantac and gavasicon since, she's had to sleep in her pram raised ryt up (almost sitting up) which has been gd cause she's always slept all nyt but am trying to get her lower as got a special reflux pillow for her cot and she's getting to big for her pram n every tym I lower her just a little it just makes her reflux flare up can any one help with any ideas am lucky if She has another month in her pram ??? X

Replies

• Options

what milk does she have hun?? have you tried comfort milk its thicker also what about weaning??? i know she young but those 2 thing combined helped my lo also you can buy things to go on the cot legs to raise one end and ive been known to roll up towels to raise to mattress.

hope this helps

xx

• Options

I use instant carobel to thicken dds milk as she was pretty much bringing up the whole feed. Doctors won't give me anything even though she's in discomfort when bringing up her wind/milk so I told them I wanted a thickening agent and this carobel is helping it to stay down. Cow n gate do a good anti reflux milk too x

• Options

Agree with puddy also weaning may help. I weaned at 12 weeks n she was fine so think 5 months will b fine too x

• Options
    Thanks for the replies she's always been on sma milk n every tym I asked if I should change it kept getting told not to, they recent doubled her Zantac which hasn't helped, this week I've to try her on extra sma hungry milk cause she's looking for more feeds I've recently started trying her on food and she luvs it but still really sick after. Not sure if I should just change the brand of milk anything is worth a try :-/ x
  • Options

Hiya, my son had reflux. He ended up with an operation as it was so severe, medication couldn't control it. But the medication he was on where omperozole, domperidone, ranitidine and  and also lanzopazole. Maybe could you get one or more of those on perception to see if they help, I know most people with reflux it does help. I really hope it stops soon, as it's not nice for them. Hope this helps xx

• Options
    Aww what a wee shame hope he's ok now what age did they do that at?? Yeah shes on the domperidone, renitidine and gavasicon n seems to help most of the tym just every so offen it flares back up and nothing works I wasn't sure if it's cause am lowering her or maybe cause I've started on food x x
  • Options

Bless her she's not got any allergies has she? have they ruled out lactose intolerance? I'd b tempted to try another milk, I never liked sma my first was on that it's so greasy n stinks! Poor thing x

• Options
    C I first thought it was the milk as my friends wee girl was similar and she can't have normal milk but the doctors and health visitor say it's reflux Lilly has always took her milk and is on 8oz weight has always been great with her bring 5lb 14 when born hungry girl. It's just so annoying that I can't tell what makes it flare up x x
  • Options

He was 21 months, they didn't diagnose reflux till he was 1, as he went into hospital throwing up blood and clots. They kept telling me he was one of those sicky babies. Not nice seeing him throw up 20 + a day! they would do the operation till around 2 years but as he was so bad they had to do earlier, as i was told reflux can stay till around 18 months. i really hope you lo grows out of it. when he was on medication it would help for a week or so and have a very bad episode of relfux(like he was saving it up)lol! He lost 3 pound over 3 months, hence the reason to,operate early. They said he had other problem aswell but now all sorted but will never be able to be sick again, it can stop,you,burping aswell. He's never aloud fizzy drinks and has to careful with windy foods!! Hence an overnight stay on Xmas night/boxing day as to many sprouts,lol!!xx

• Options
    Aww what a wee shame poor wee man that must have been horrible they didn't tell me till just last week that if it didn't clear up they could do a operation image it's lyk that with her Zantac it works great for a while then all of a sudden the reflux flares up for a few weeks x x