Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Gripe water

Hi As some of you no my little girl is struggling with feeding during the night. This past week especially last night shes been up every hour, will only have 1 or 2 Oz and then start chocking and wont have anymore. She has 5oz normally as well. Soon as i put her down she is then making loud groaning noises which eventually turns to cry. Strange though because a lot of the time when i pick her up when shes making this noise she will stop? I did take her to the doctors last week and all he said was babies insides are not yet fully developed and feeding can cause acid inside which is what then causes the grunting. He just said to leave them to it. Yet this grunting can go off for ages and i cant sleep and then wakes my boyfriend up who has work at 6am. Anyways back to the title i brought some gripe water today from the chemist. It says to give them it on a spoon. Surely babies this young wont no how to take it off a spoon and just spit it out or choke? Can i add it to her formula? If not i thought off putting a little into another bottle and giving it her by that. Also is it best to give it to her before halfway through of after her feed Thanks image xx

Replies

• Options

I used to do a 2.5ml syringe either straight into her mouth or her bottle, have to admit tho Lexie just grew out of this kinda thing now at 20 weeks she sleeping thru 6 till 6 but still very sick and uncomfortable after bottles and solids. Like u the doctors and hv say it's fine n normal n to persevere with it x

• Options
    Thanks for replyingimage

Was this before or after?

Also when you put it into her bottle was it mixed in with formula or by its self?

I thought i would give it ago anyways and see how it goes x
  • Options

Before or mixed in with formula chick x

• Options
    Thank you image

She still wouldnt wind last night! Not sure if it takes a few days to kick in. So had another night of her sounding in pain.

All her wind came up this morning when had her layed on her front on me. Wish i had more patience at night lol x
  • Options

Have u tried infacol or dentinox colic drops? I had to use colief with lex very expensive but got it on prescription eventually it was like magic lol worked straight away x

• Options
    Ive tried infacol. Used it until it ran out but i couldnt really see much of a difference.

Not heard about the other two. Are they for the same thing?

She sleeps perfect in the day time, winds ok in the day time and also doesnt really make them noises in the day time. The other morning it was 4am and i ended up taking her downstairs because of how she was and i slept on sofa while she did her carry cot that comes with the pram which she sleeps in in the day and she fell strait to sleep and didnt wake up until 8:30! Im so tired tonight and was thinking of just putting her in the carry cot tonight to see how she gets on but i dont no if this is dangerous? Its padded out all around the sides and also has a padded mattress. Ive done some googling and a lot of mums seem to put their babies in that instead of the moses but i dunno :/

Sorry for the essay lol x
  • Options

I'm sure it'll b fine. Dentinox is the same as infacol, colief is different it helps break down lactose which is what gives them belly ache as it's the hardest bit to digest. Definitely worth a try but does give them runny poo x