Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Calcium intake

O has refused to take milk now for over a week, so I'm trying make sure he has enough calcium elsewhere in his diet! He has milk on his cereal and one yoghurt a day and usually one custard pudding- is that enough? Any ideas of how I get more in to him?

Replies

• Options

W did this to me too. He was getting milk on his cereal, yogurts for puddings, I tried to give him meals with cheese in them, like mac n cheese, baked potatoes with! Cheese and beans, cheese toasties, that kind of thing.

I even tried mixing yogurts into milk and giving him that as a milkshake!

• Options

S has milk in scrambled eggs and drop scones too. He initially refused cows milk so I made smoothies with bananas, strawberries etc. His favourite smoothie is banana, spinach and kale weirdly! But leafy greens like kale and spinach also contain calcium so I also put it in smoothie lollies and drop scones. Oranges and almonds also have calcium I think so almond butter? Providing no allergies of course.

HTH

• Options

Thanks guys, glad it's not just me who's baby refuses milk! Those smoothies sound delicious popcorn!!

• Options

Seeds have lots of calcium... I give A seeded crackerbreads which she loves. Also leafy greens and beans!