Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Once they're on cows milk- what do you do when you're out and about?

I can't remember what I did last time. 

Ive just switched B to cows milk. She has 3 bottles a day- after breakfast, after lunch then bedtime. If I'm out all day I could just take some formula and water and mix when needed. But now I'm not using formula I can't really fill a bottle with cows milk in the morning and have it out of the fridge until 1.30 can I? would it be ok to drink after being out the fridge that long? I don't want to drop that milk feed as she's such a skinny Minnie I want to keep getting as much milk in her as I can

Replies

• Options

Probably not much help to you as on the rare occasion we're out for that long a time, I just don't bother. I give her a snack instead (either something I pack myself or buy something out). You could put it in a cool bag with an ice pack. I wouldn't want to drink milk that had been out of the fridge since the morning unless it had been kept chilled.

• Options

Can you not just take an empty bottle/sippy cup out and buy a little carton fresh when required?

• Options

We take cartons of ready-made formula out with us but use cows milk at home.

• Options

Yes I suppose I could get a little cool bag. We tend to go out for the full day at weekends so it's worth a try to see how cool it stays

• Options

I use the ready-made cartons, or he goes without and has food/water instead.

• Options

When we switched at just over a year she would only get water & food when out & about