Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hair loss after having a baby

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but I am just so down about it, I don't want to leave the house. I never thought something like this would upset me so much.

My son is 4 months old and for over 2 months my hair has been falling out a crazy amount. This was horrible and upsetting enough but now it's so thin and I have barely any there at the front. I'm so self conscious and feel like it's never gonna stop and I'll end up with nothing.

All other mums seem to look lovely and have beautiful hair but I feel so ugly and frumpy. This is my second child.

Am I the only one?

Replies

• Options

I had this. I've always had baby hair around the front of my hairline but after losing my hair ince I had my little girl, in some photos from her christening I actually look like I have a bald patch where the light was shining on my head and my hair was so thin. I bought brown coloured dry shampoo and sprayed it round the front- something I saw on this morning when another woman who had the same was having a makeover. It actually made me feel less self conscious, I definitely recommend giving it a go