Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Allow optional registration of any pregnancy/baby loss

After our beautiful daughter Matilda was stillborn at 35 weeks last year we were blessed to find out in November that we were expecting twins that were to be our much wanted rainbow babies. Sadly it was not meant to be as we lost our son at 21 weeks and 5 days and and our daughter at 22 weeks.

Joshua William Hendry was born sleeping (late miscarriage) on 18.2.17 at 11.53am weighing 480 grams 💙

His brave sister Harriet Ashley Hendry hung on for 2 more days and was born with signs of life on 20.2.17 at 04.48am but unfortunately passed away a few minutes later (neo-natal death) she weighed 410 grams 💗

We will never understand why we have had to go through such a difficult, horrendous experience 3 times over but we will always be proud that we created 3 beautiful angel babies and we want to share their story and hopefully help others with our petition to change the registry act 💗💙💗

As Harriet was born with signs of life we were able to register her as a birth and a death but unfortunately as Joshua died 20 minutes before he was born he is classed as a late miscarriage and we are unable to register him with his twin sister which is deeply upsetting after all we have been through. As my partner and I are not married the law holds no recognition of his connection with his Dad.

I understand there is the Kym Marsh campaign to change the law of registration of a stillbirth to 20 weeks, however, we are not wanting to play with the science of baby loss. We just want to make it so that all parents have the option to register their loss, however that may occur.

I have copied the petition link and page details below if you could share our story we would really appreciate it.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/187027

https://m.facebook.com/registermybaby/

@registermybaby
#registermybaby

Kind Regards

Lucy