Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Mixed race baby

hi all, new on here so unsure if I’m posting in the right place. My baby boy turned 2 weeks old yesterday. He is half black (british Jamaican) and half white and has a very ligot complexion, light brown hair and blue eyes. So many people are commenting and it is really getting to me. His dad is quite dark, I am very pale with fair hair and blue eyes. He shows no signs of getting darker, ears and nail beds the same colour as the rest of his body. Anyone else had a very light baby? Think I’m overreacting because I’m hormonal but getting upset because I’m not sure what people are trying to imply 

Replies

• Options

Sorry for the typos, can’t seem to find an edit button 

• Options

I went to school with a girl who was the same racial mix as your son. Both her and her brother were blonde & blue eyed with golden coloured skin. Their father was quite dark, and definitely their biological father.

Not sure of the genetics behind it but its definitely not just you, it does happen!

I'm sure people aren't trying to imply anything, they're probably just surprised x