Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

small age gaps, how do you cope?

oliver will be 18m when new baby arrives and he is already tiring me out and im only about 7wk preggers!

i recently split from my fella so will be flying solo, this is my 4th baby but i had big age gaps with the others they are 15, 10 and 11m

just got a bit of a fear about how ill cope on my own as all my family live abroad

oliver has been a bit of a handfull today, he is usually a very easy going little devil, so its probably just a bit of tiredness and preggers hormones making me panic, but would be nice to know just how easy/hard its likely to get

thanx in advance

tired and emotional kirst. xx :\(

Replies

• Options
    Kirst, don't doubt yourself you know you'll be fine huni
    chin up

Anne-Marie
    xx
  • Options
    thanx hun, its been a bit of a tough day today, too much time to think as big uns have been out all day, and ex aint been to play daddy for 4wk so think he has well and truly left me to it,

im usually such a hard nut, dont let anything get to me, must be bloody hormones,lol xx
  • Options
    kirst youll be fine we all have our bad days and doubt ourselves and hormones have alot to answer for.
  • Options
    hi. i had 18months between my first 2. thomas was 18 months when oliver was born. i found the sickness was the worst thing to deal with as thomas still wanted his breakfast at the same time when i was feeling very green around the gills!!!! my eldest is now 8 and my youngest is 12 weeks and i have 5 kids. i don't regret having a small age gap between them all it fills my days and keeps me busy. and they all grow up lovely together. i know that when archie gets to about a year old i will become broody for another one!! , but watch this space.xxxx
  • Options
    Hello... My little boy is 14 months and im due with my 2nd in a week!! ha ha. I found sickness hard same as pen. I just keep teling myself that if i can TRY and sort of fit the new baby into Jack's routine i should be ok!! For example try to bath them, feed them and try to put them both down around sort of the same time life could be made easier.
    Im not naive enough to think the kids may have other idea's though!! ha ha ha. XX