Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

any ideas

My lo has been a bit of a winger from day one he's now 5 months im starting to think alot of his unhappiness is down to wind ive tried everything from Dr Browns, infacol, dentinox nothing seems to work. He brings up wind after a bottle he winges most of the day and is constantly throwing his legs in the air and slamming them down which I thought was normal and he was just very active but now im not so sure. I can be picking him up a couple of hours after a bottle and he will do a massive burp although I have spent ages winding him he then seems to calm down a bit but by then he is due for another bottle and it all seems to start over again. I keep thinking perhaps his milk doesnt agree with him but then he doesnt seem to be screaming like a colicky baby would, its just a constant winge.

How do I make sure I have all his wind up ?

Has anybody else had anything similar?

Replies

• Options
    Could be the milk. Both my boys r on soya milk (althou not always agreeable with all babies). We knew my eldest had a milk allergy but were unsure if the younger one was also allergic to milk or just lactose intollerant so we tried him on milk that had the lactose removed and within a day he became very whingy, very irritable and just not himself. After 1 week trial we put him back on his usual milk and within 48 hrs he was a diff baby - chatty, laughing, playing, all wot he was doing b4! Not many gp's or hv seem to b up on the milk allergy/intollerance thing but it is the most commonest, sometimes undiagnosed, allergy that can affect babies. May b worthwhile doing some research etc and then talking to gp or hv.
  • Options
    I had a very windy baby and went down the same lines as you. She was exactly the same as yours, no matter how long I winded her she still brought up large burps randomly. She seemed to find the Dr Browns bottles hard work, as if the flow through the teat was slower. She was only 6 weeks but I put her on number 2 teats and it worked a treat with her, also made feeding less frustrating! If you're able to up the flow on the teats you're using I'd say definitely give that a go!
  • Options
    Hi

I did try changing the teats to number 3 but it comes out too fast for him and he seems to choke. I was using the Dr Browns bottles but went back to Avent as the they didnt seem to make a difference and I found them very difficult to clean.

thanks
  • Options
    just a though but have yoy tryed gripe water?

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;51;17/st/20070625/n/Aiden/dt/5/k/9a91/age.png

• Options
    i changed to mam bottles got great vent and are really easy to clean if you change his milk id be carful with soya my lo is allergic to milk and i was told if you gave it to them to young you could effect there fertility in later life also they can develope an allergy to that as well