Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How long should my baby be sleeping?

Hi girls,

My lo is 9 days old, and he sleeps ALL THE TIME! He wakes regularly at night for feeding, but during the day he is asleep all day and wakes less regularly than at night.

I've read that newborns sleep anything from 16-18 hours a day, but i reckon that my lo is sleeping much more than that.

Is this anything to worry about??

Tracy xxx

Replies

• Options
    My lo was the same, always asleep but gradually as she got older she was awake more. 9 days is still very young so I would be expecting your lo to still sleep alot. As long as when he is awake he is reactive i'm sure he is fine.
  • Options
    Hi Hun,
    Niamh is 14 weeks had has been a sleepy baby since birth, she now sleeps 11 hours at night and has about 2/3 30 min naps a day. As Mrs Weir says as long as he is reactive when awake I'd just make the most of it lol!
  • Options
    Keep an eye out for jaundice as this can often make newborns sleepier than normal. But as he's still so little I assume your mw is still coming out to see you? She'll be keeping an eye on that too.
    xxx