Forum home› Babies› Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What order do you ....

do things in when it comes to feeding and changing?

We always change first and then feed as lo would just be sick if we tried to change him afterwards but he often gets VERY stressed during his change as he is soooooo hungry!!!!

Just wondered what others did! image

Replies

• Options
    I can go by the clock with Paige's feeds so I have always changed her nappy a few minutes before i know she's going to feel hungry, the odd time she cant wait for her feed (which is very rare) i change her afterwards
  • Options
    I used to change Spencer pre-feed cos he always fell asleep on the breast so I used to let him nap.
    Even now, if I make Spencer wait more than two mins for his food, the world ends!! LOL
  • Options
    Charli just remembered you asked about baby massage the other day, what did you decide? i never got round to giving Paige a massage at all yesterday and she was an absolute nightmare last night 1.30 this morning she went to sleep (it defo helps settle her)
  • Options
    usually change jaydens bum 1st but if he is really hungry will do it after.
  • Options
    well now tyler is 9 months old his bum gets changed after feed as he always poos straight after lol
  • Options
    I always change before i feed him as he hates getting his nappy changed and cries so much he makes himself puke.
  • Options
    I am the odd one out her!! I change my wee man mid feed- and evendid that with my other two. When Reuben wants a bottle he wants it NOW so I give him about three ozs get wind up and then he tries to fall back asleep so I fund changing his nappy wakes him up then he will finish his feed much better (usually another 2 ozs)
  • Options
    I usually change Kara afterwards but if I find she is not taking her bottle too well I feed her mid feed and then she usually takes a bit more then depending on how hungry she is.
  • Options
    We change Zara before every feed except her 6.30pm one coz she always fills her nappy about 5 minutes after it.

Hilary x
  • Options
    evie gets fed then changed, because like a lot of others have mentioned, she seems to do all her poo's midfeed!
  • Options
    i used to change then feed when lo was first born as he was so small i had to wake him for feeds, so changing him woke him up and so made feeding easier, but now theres no way he will wait for his food, but he doesn't like to eat when he's got a dirty nappy so he stops half way through, he just stops drinking until i change his nappy then he will happily have the rest!!