Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Fao: Loopy Loo or anyone re Centre Parcs

Hello Loopy Loo,

I noticed on a post you mentioned having been to Centre Parcs, how did you get on with taking your lo and would you recommend it for a summer holiday? My lo would be 18ish months when we went, just wondering if it's suitable for toddlers or more geared up for older kind etc.... any info would be great. Think I will be in need of a holiday this summer and want to stay in the UK, not up for going abroad just yet!

Cheers

Lynne

Replies

• Options
    Gatecrashing....sorry!

We went to CP last Sept when Charlotte was 8 months. It's a fab place to go and great for lo's - they cater really well for all ages and have won Tommy awards. There are loads of activities for them to do but you have to pay for all of them so can get a bit expensive. However, the swimming dome is free and you can very easily spend all day in there! Charlotte loved swimming.

We go again in 3 weeks (she will be 16 months by then), this time with PIL's. Me & mil are having a spa day & treatments. So if you go you must treat yourself!!!

I highly recommend you go, you will all enjoy it. Just beware of the price though as you have to pay for almost everything extra. Just depends on ho much you wish to do though.

hth xx
  • Options
    hey,

We did enjoy it and the swimming was great. We went at the end of january and got a really good deal so was worth it but wouldn't pay full price as then we feel it would be over priced. (If that make ssense?)

As ccbmommy said, only the swimming is free, everything else is at an extra cost and although there is activities for toddlers they all come at an extra price so it depends on what your willing to spend.

We did find the restaurants were the same price as outside centre parcs and the supermarket more reasonable than we expected and loved the new take away/delivery service they do, esecially the first night there as we'd had the long drive, been swimming and just wanted to chill out with an easy meal and bottle of wine!

It is all geared up for lo's except I was disgusted at the shoe box they called thier feeding room!!!!

It depends on what your after for a holiday really, sorry I might not have been all that helpful!!

the trouble for us was that we had an old cabin in need of some tlc, they are doing up alll the cabins as a rolling program and this was happening in some opposite us - work started at 7.50am one morning which we were not happy with espcially after lo had had a bad nights sleep! We did though get 40% of the cost of our holiday back in vouchers which was good but they came in ??10 vouchers and a food voucher, neither of which you could get change for . . .

The surroundings are lovely and it was special as Louise's first holiday and she loved the swimming which was great as she'd never been swimming before. We had a cabin by a small lake and had lots of ducks coming up to us for bread because we fed them on the first day! It was funny watching them tap on the door for food!!!

Lisa
  • Options
    We are off to Centre Parcs in 3 wks for a midweek break. Looking really forward to it. Our LO will be 5 months.
    What one are u going to ccbmommy?
  • Options
    Hi

We love centre Parcs have been 3 times so far with the kiddies.Eve was 21 months the last time we went in March and she loved it.
    To be honest we didn't need to pay for any extra activities.

She just LOVED the ducks that came up to the patio doors for feeding and the parks they have for the kids are great.

We spent a lot of time in the indoor swimming dome and bike riding and feeding ducks.

We used the dine - in service one night which is reasonable and went out another night.
    I love the fact that everything is easy and geared up for small children.
    We got a special offer last time and stayed in one of the woodland villas
    which was much nicer than a comfort plus.

I just can't wait to go again . :\)

• Options
    Hi we love centerparcs too, we have been several times with the childre, twice in the last 18 months and we are planning to go again maybe November or December time, definitely a great holiday for families x
  • Options
    We had swans & babies when we went coming up to the villa. We had to keep the door shut cos they can be quite aggressivce. OH kept feeding them Cheerios!!!!
  • Options
    Thank you for taking the time to reply. Think we are going to book it, can't wait now. Lexi will just love the ducks for sure. We are going to the one nr Cumbria as it is our earest parc (we live in Scotand) , got a decent price for a superior lodge and as its not during the kids holiday dates means it should not be too busy. And it's got a spa too, which I think I will be using on more than one occcasion.

Thanks again much appreciated.

Lynne

[Modified by: LittleMissLexi on April 30, 2009 09:40 PM]