Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

for those that had private gender scans*update*

Im having one tomorrow morning as bubs had his/her legs shut at NHS one. How many of you found out results from this scan? Did anyone come away not knowing? Any tips to get baby moving around?

thanx ladies x

---------------------------

its a pink bump! x

[Modified by: JunieMummy on 30 January 2010 11:51:41 ]

Replies

• Options
    On our private scan we knew there and then - i drank alot of coke before i went in a had a Mars Bar lol!

Bubs was in the wrong position, so they had me walk around and also jump up and down....because your paying privatly im sure theyl do all they can to get what you want!!

Make sure you update, i wana know!!! x
  • Options
    I've had 2 gender scans with 2 of my pregnancies. One at 16 wks and one at 17 wks and straight away the sonographer new i was having boys with both. Good luck xxxx
  • Options
    I didn't have a private scan - but I had to have 2x 20 week scans (20 weeks and 21 weeks!) as my little girl was laid at an awkward position and they couldn't get all the measurements they needed.

After the 1st one - the sonographer told me to have a sugary drink, especially one like Lilt and a chocolate bar just before going in - as this gives the baby a sugar rush and they tend to wriggle loads!!

When I had my 21 week scan, my little girl still wouldn't budge, so they tilted the bed right back (I had to hold on for dear life!!) so I expect as you are paying for it, they will do anything they can to ensure you can see what you want to see!!

Good luck!

xx
  • Options
    thanx for the tips! Lilt and a twix it is then!

Will post an update woomummy & Lara!

xx
  • Options
    Yeah I had coke and mars bar before mine and she could see straight away. Also with it being private if they cant tell they will trythings to get baby moving and if not they will rebook the scan for you.

xx
  • Options
    I had one at baby bond at 16 weeks and you could tell straight away, in fact they guarentee it.

The sonographer said to me that the NHS ones will often say they cant tell as some hospitals tell them to for cultural reasons etc......I always find it strange some NHS ones say they cant tell but you pay ??79 and they can tell instantly haha
  • Options
    thanx ladies.

another Q - if they tell straight away, do they let you have the rest of the appointment or is that it?

• Options
    I had mine at 17 weeks at babybond and they told straight away but still let me watch baby for another 10-15 minutes, just shownig different bits of him and watching him dance!!
    Good luck! Looking forward to hearing an update!!
    Oh by the way, you've put me in the mood for lilt now!!

xxx
  • Options
    just wanted to say good luck hun, i loved having my gender scan, it was amazing, the lady knew straight away we were having a girl. normally if its a private scan then they wont let u leave without u knowing first, if they cant tell then they will prob send u for a walk and go try again, agree with the others, def have something sugary before ur scan to get lo moving about. xxxxx
  • Options
    OMG I DIDNT KNOW U WERE PG?!?!

Congrats anyway!! Hehe!
  • Options
    YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY - how exciting - now go order the LOVELY flowery carrier fabric you wanted :lol: !!!!
  • Options
    Thats fab...congrats hun xxx
  • Options
    OMG OMG OMG ELAINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go mad with the pink stuff now!! Fab news hun x x
  • Options
    CONGRATULATIONSimage
  • Options
    How exciting!!!! Lovely news.xx
  • Options
    aww congrats on the pink bump hunn
    xx