Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Angel care mointor and moses basket?

Hi

This may seem like a really stupid question but how do you use the angel care mointor with a moses basket?

The reason I am asking is obviously there is the lead that goes on the sensor mat but unlike in the cot where you can put it under the mattress and then put the lead through one of the bars so out of the reach of LO I have no idea what to do with the lead while in the moses basket as there is no where safely to put the lead once the sensor mat is under the mattress. Does that make sense?

Also can the angel care mointor be used with the sensor mat?

Sorry for sounding so stupid!

Replies

• Options
    We used ours in the moses basket - just had the wire coming up at the feet end and wrapped it around the moses basket stand so it was tight and it was fine. Babies in moses baskets are probably too small to be rooting around for the wire anyway!
  • Options
    Pretty good question! I would also like to know the answer to this!
  • Options
    Quite honestly I wouldn't buy the angelcare monitor without the sensor pad, in my opinion that's the beauty of it. If you want a sound monitor only, there are better ones on the market. I use BT150 for sound and the angelcare one for movement.

As for leads, I didn't get one until our LO was in the cot but I'm sure if you follow treacles advice, it will be fine.
  • Options
    HIa
    We used our with our moses basket and just put the pad under the matress and the cable through the small gaps in the bottom of the basket
    xx
  • Options
    Same as Treacle - we had the wire coming out at the feet and had no problems
  • Options
    i have the tt sensor mat and we put a piece of wood across the moses basket stand to put the mat on and then placed the moses basket on top so we had no wires in the basket. this worked perfectly for us and it also meant that if you want to transfer the moses basket anywhere you don't have to mess around with the mat and wires all the time. xx
  • Options
    I used the angel care monitor in the moses basket and like the other ladies, just pulled the lead the foot end and wrapped it through a hole in th basket xx
  • Options
    Hi,

Silly i know, but am very new to this. We have the angel care monitor and are planing on using it in the mosses basket first.

Now i understand how to arrange the lead. Can i just ask did you mount to ply wood (as refereed to in the instruction manual) when setting up the pad in the mosses basket? Or did to just do this when he \ she moved from mosses basket to cot.

Sorry if this is a silly question!
  • Options
    It says in manual that you only need the plywood when using in cot. You dont need plywood for moses basket x
  • Options
    I put the sensor pad underneath the fleece lining and then out at the feet end so there were no loose wires. Just remember that if you rock the basket then the sensor pad isnt reliable because your movement causes the bleep. We used it for 8 weeks with the moses basket and still use it now at 7 months. Brilliant for peace of mind x
  • Options

I have installed the angel care pad in the moses basket this week

Any idea where in the moses basket it should be placed. From my understand from the instructions it should go in the middle of the basket under the mattress

This morning I notice that there are appeared to be a noticable hollow in the mattress of the matress and am concerned that our son doesn't develop flat head etc - could the hollow result from the head resting after the  the slight rise due to the pad under the mattress or is the mattress itself at fault - anyone have similar issue?