Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

pillows in the cot....

hi.. sorry its me again...
i have a question...

when i bath my little one and then feed him to put him down for bed, im petrified about laying him on his back and leaving him in the room due to the face he's a bit sicky sometimes.. and he'll choke (as he's done so before)..

The last two nights ive put a pillow in his cot just to keep him propped up until he falls asleep...
do you think this is okay?

I have a monitor in the room also.. so its just on the safe side...

problem is... i have trouble taking it from under his head when i go to bed!!...
anyone having the same thoughs ??

Replies

• Options
    Hi, i personally wouldn,t put pillow in cot, as he could wriggle under it. If he is on his back and he is sick, he will turn his head away. Al
  • Options
    how about putting pillow under the mattress to prop him up a little as it may be easier to remove it without disturbing lo or u could just leave it as no risk if its under mattress xx
  • Options
    It is recommended that pillows are not used for babies due to the risk of suffocation like kirst3 said put the pillow under the matress or put large books under feet at top of cot so it raises the head of the cot...But baby will turn his head to side if sick...
  • Options
    You shouldn't use a pillow as there is also a risk he could over heat as well as suffocate. Prop the matress or cot up.
  • Options
    hiya

I wouldn't use a pillow just yet. You need to have a little more faith and trust in your lo to move her head if she is sick... Babies have a very good gag reflex and as she has coughed/chocked before it means for reflex works! xx

or why not sit a cuddle her for abit to settle her belly or prop the cot up like others have said. I've used the phone book and a catolgue to lift the cot up for daniel when he had a cold and it works a treat.

I only gave daniel a pillow when he was about 14 months old & that was only because I got a proper duvet and I wanted it all to match! lol :\) he has the ikea pillow and duvet as it's really thin and not too bulky.

take care xxxx
  • Options
    hiya

I wouldn't use a pillow just yet. You need to have a little more faith and trust in your lo to move her head if she is sick... Babies have a very good gag reflex and as she has coughed/chocked before it means for reflex works! xx

or why not sit a cuddle her for abit to settle her belly or prop the cot up like others have said. I've used the phone book and a catolgue to lift the cot up for daniel when he had a cold and it works a treat.

I only gave daniel a pillow when he was about 14 months old & that was only because I got a proper duvet and I wanted it all to match! lol :\) he has the ikea pillow and duvet as it's really thin and not too bulky.

take care xxxx
  • Options
    When my lo had a cold I put a pillow under her mattress to raise it up slightly. I personally wouldnt put it directly in her cot though

Hilary
  • Options
    it is recommended to lift the mattress by putting a pillow underneath it, NOT in the cot itself. i would defo not put one in the cot, just in case - you'd never forgive yourself if something happened. xx
  • Options
    thanks all..
    ill put the pillow under the matress then and see i this helps.

really appreciate your comments