Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Jittery Baby - Can anyone help?? - Update

Hi ladies, Charlie is 25wks old. I had him at the baby clinic this am to be weighed, he is 20lb 4oz and 71cm long. He's a big boy!

Anyway I spoke to my HV as he has been jittery ever since he was born. He is well in himself & doing well. However every day he has episodes where his muscles all tense up and he shakes?! HV asked if he was cold which he isn't. I am now getting v concerned, I didn't think anything of it as I assumed he would grow out of it.

When he took ill at 7 wks old this symptom was what prompted the paed Doc to test for brain infections. Charlie had to have a lumbar puncture. These results came back clear however his bloods were infected. They couldn't say what with and was admitted to hospital for 4/5 days and on IV anti-biotics.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or have any advice?

HV referred his to GP who he is seeing on Friday

Thanks

(I have googled.............I am not a drug user!) Google reckons most cases are due to the mother being a crack/cocaine addict or some kind of brain infection?

xxx

The doctor is bamboozled so Charlie has been referred to the paediatrics. Have to wait on an appointment coming through.

[Modified by: ~CharlieMum~ on 29 July 2009 15:27:50 ]

[Modified by: ~CharlieMum~ on 31 July 2009 16:33:49 ]

Replies

• Options
    Thanks Katie. Like I said I really thought that he would have grown out of it by now. Interested to see what the Doc says on Friday

xx
  • Options
    Have you tried an alternative therapy? Like cranial osteopathy? I have found them amazing for all sorts of issues. Its worth a try x
  • Options
    JJ used to "jump" and shake when he was in a deep sleep but he did grow out of it by about 3 months...i have no advice really hun but hope he's ok x
  • Options
    Littlep - I would have any kind of alternative therapy for him. The problem at the moment is I don't know what is causing it. It doesn't seem to be casuing him any problems but I need to get it checked out incase there is an underlying problem

xx
  • Options
    I don't have any words of wisdom but just wanted to say i hope everything goes well on friday
    xxx
  • Options
    Thanks girlinleeds! Will let you all know what the docs say. The HV did tell me not to let the Doc brush me off and tell me that it is normal xx
  • Options
    Thanks very much Claire. Sorry to hear about Noah's traumatic delivery! Wow he's a little fighter isn't he. Really glad it all turned out well for you & him.

The doc did ask today what kind of delivery I had, which was smooth & no problems, Which I think perplexed him more. Like I said I am not overly concerned as he is meeting all his milestones etc but I wouldn't like to think that there was something wrong with him and I didn't get him checked out. I am not going to wait for the appointment to come, I am going to contact BUPA so I can get him checked over next week. If they fail to find anything then I shall seriously consider seeing a CO.

Thank you very much for your advice

xx