Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

unusually sleepy baby? ill or growth spurt??

Hi everyone.
Thomas is 19 weeks old tomorrow... he usually cat naps in the day.. half hour here and there, then slleps well all night.
But today he just seems to want to sleep all the time? Hes still feeding well, and isnt hot or ill.. just very sleepy.. not his usuall awake playful self.
Has anyone elses baby done this at this age?
Im just wondering if they do this wen they have a growth spurt, or am i to worry he is ill in some way?

Any advise woulld help.. cheers

caz xx

Replies

• Options
    We always found that LO would get very sleepy not long before a new tooth appeared, so if LO is showing any other signs of teething, the wait could be over!
  • Options
    How strange, mine has suddenly started sleeping alot in the last few days, its impossible to keep him awake..glad to know hes not the only one as it was beginning to worry me.
  • Options
    Erin is 19 weeks and she to has been sleeping a lot more than usual and usually she falls asleep on her own but lately she has started making these noises like shes irritable not crying just moaning really and then she falls soundly to sleep for a while weird! maybe it is teeth maybe a growth spurt who knows. I'm glad others are experiencing the same as me and oh were starting to worry xx
  • Options
    Oh its nice to hear others are having same problems... must be an age thing ha ha.
    Thomas has also started to make funny grunting noises wen getting too tired too.. im having to hold his hand to help him sleep... except he still goes to sleep himself at night... wierd.
    Maybe it is the start of the teeth nightmare
    xx