Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

clothes

HI everyone... This might seem like a really dumb post. I'm having my first baby in a couple of weeks and have no friends or relatives with young babies.....

Has anyone got any good websites or guidance on what to dress your baby in based on the temperature. The winter seems a bit less scary as obviously they need to be wrapped up warm, but its the spring/summer that baffles me (and especially this rubbish weather we have) as I don't know what to dress the baby in!!

:\?

Replies

• Options
    Best advice I got was that babies need one light layer more than you do. For example today both Millie and I have long sleeved t-shirts on but she has a shortsleeved bodysuit on underneeth. If you feel the back of their necks it is really easy to tell if they are about right, too cold and their neck will feel cold, too warm and they will feel clamy and hot, just right and they feel snuggly warm. If you try to use layers when you dress them it is really easy to adjust as the day goes on if you need to.
  • Options
    Hiya - I would just buy plenty of vests and babygros as thats all you really need for the first few months. That way if we do have a hot summer baby can just wear the vest. All the major supermarkets do decent babygros but my favs were the mini mode towelling ones from boots. You must be really excited not long to go now, good luck with everything Lisa