Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

anyone elses baby get their top 2 teeth first?

reece has been teething for a while but there are no signs of teeth at the bottom ( well there wasnt at the weekend - he wont let me look now, but i cant feel anything) i had him upside down today (he loves it) and his top 2 teeth are right there - one is practically through! i though all babies got the bottom ones first - although i know babies who have got their fangs before the middle ones i have not seen any babies with top teeth only! i have been so busy checking out his bottom gum, didnt think to look up top! jo xx

Replies

• Options
    aww bless him, i'm sure not all babies get their teeth in the same order! mine has is bottom 2 and i'm just waiting for his top ones to come through as i think he is teething and won't let me look! i've heard of someone who's l/o has his back teeth but no front ones! how old is reece?
  • Options
    hi, my lo has been teething for ages now. I managed to get a good look inside his mouth the other day and i could see the top two better than the two at the bottom. i always thought that the bottom ones came through first like you said. I have mentioned this to a few people and they have all told me that when there children have been teething it was def the bottom two that came up first.
  • Options
    he is 8 1/2 months - i will see tomorrow if it has made an appearance, bless him! xx
  • Options
    well, the top tooth has come through! he is going to look sooo cute with his little peggies!
  • Options
    hi joseph had his bottom ones first i must admit and they came through at 4 months really early i thought! waiting for top ones now bless xxx
  • Options
    Hi, Tom got 2 front top, then 2 front bottom and then 2 top either side. He's 8 months. I was told by paediatrician 1st tooth is usually around 6 months then on average 1 tooth per month, thats how they age babies in third world countries. Obv our babies aren't being average!!!
  • Options
    Hiya Lewis is 51/2 month and his top 2 are just popping through - no sign of the bottom ones! had a really hard couple of days, he is in such pain and nothing is helping - and he wont sleep!
  • Options

I have had 3 babies in just over 2 years, twin boys that were 2 in february and a baby who was one earlier this month.

All 3 have had different teeth appear 1st.

One twin had bottom two 1st, the other twin had top two 1st and baby girl had fangs 1st.

I always thought it was bottom teeth first image

• Options

my lil boy has got his bottom 2 teeth but want to ask a question is it normal for babys to have a runny nose when teething also his eyes are a bit teary as well with a cough i thought it might be cause of all the drooling he is doing? 

• Options

my bay 2 middle scissor teeth come out first and then the upper two latteral scissor comeout next.I confused how this happened because Iwas expected the 2 middle scissor bofore that.

• Options

All babies are different I guess,my eldest daughter was born with two bottom teeth!! My six week old looks like she may be getting her top two! Must be an inherited thing because i got first tooth at two weeks old apparently!

• Options

I don't think that it is something to be worried about, but I am pretty sure the bottom teeth usually come in first. If it becomes a problem, then I would go see a doctor. I think that he should be a fine happy baby though. Good luck!

---------------------------

Rose

http://www.squidoo.com/best-baby-video-motion-sensor-audio-monitor

• Options
    My son has just got his first two teeth, both top and he's 16 months old! I was starting worry. Is this normal?
  • Options

My son has just got his first tooth, at the bottom. He's finding teething quite difficult.image

• Options

please please help.. Is this normal. Yes, my son is teething, I can see his top two teeth coming in and his bottom two, also two more bottoms ones, I know that's normal. But.... My 4 month old baby has cut one of his back teeth, not his very back ones, but I say his near the back. I can see and FEEL the tooth. Has anyone else had this or should I be worried? Thank-you in advance for replying ????