Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Shoes for cruising?

Hi ladies,

lo is cruising and walking with us holding his hands but our laminate floor is so slippery it's making it abit dangerous. I don't really want to spend ??20 odd on shoes, I've been looking for some slippers with grips but haven't found any that would stay on (he loves taking his socks off ) . Any ideas ? I'd let him go barefoot but the floors too cold xx

Replies

• Options
    I brought my little man some www.snugglefeet.com from their web site thay are about ??8-??9 and they are lovely.
    They stay on really well, they are leather and they keep his feet warm and look soooo cute.
    xx
  • Options
    They look fab, thankyou-would the soles grip to laminate?x
  • Options
    i got austin some little slippers from tesco, there completely flat and soft (no structure) and were about ??2 they have little grips on the sole (like totes), unfortunately tesco don't put everything on their website! grrr! so i' can't link them, but they do stay on, austin also loves taking his socks off (and then crawling nd cruising around with them clutched in his hand for hours!) but these do stay on. in our tesco its with all the baby socks, next to the packs of vests etc. xx
  • Options
    ps forgot to say we have laminate too...

found these, these are similar to the tesco ones, except tesco one are better lol, they have a pic of a dog on one pair, and on the other a aeroplane, plus they 'tounge' is slightly separate and has elastic joining it to the heel so it stays on, but just to give an idea what they look like if ur instore

http://direct.asda.com/george/baby-clothes/accessories/pop-on-s/GEM154,default,pd.html

hth xx

infact the structure of them is similar to those snuggle feet ones (thats what i was trying to describe with the whole tongue heel thing lol), except they're cloth not leathertte (washable in machine)

[Modified by: WoW Baby on January 31, 2010 10:10 AM]

[Modified by: WoW Baby on January 31, 2010 10:13 AM]

• Options
    Thanks siany, will have a look next time I'm there. Max does that with his socks-he also holds them in his mouth-I think he thinks he's a dog! Xx
  • Options
    because the sole is leather too no it doen't slip on lamanate flooring.
    xx
  • Options
    Great, thanks michelle x
  • Options
    Thanks for posting as I was wondering this myself. My dd wants to stand all the tme and is just starting to stand on her own and move her feet and with out laminate she slides around.

I'm checking the website out you gave !

• Options
    What a fab idea mrs amanda, thanks for that. I think I might take him to clarks tomorrow and just see what they say x
  • Options
    hi clarkes have a great sale on at the mo 70% off most things i got little one measured and got her 3 pairs of shoes for ??18 the sale ends soon though
    claire and lola-mae xx
  • Options
    Thanks Claire. Im going to pop to clarks tomorrow and see what they've got xx