Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Baby slings advice

Hi G/C from DIS, but i want to get a baby sling that is comfortable and can also be used when bfing, are there any reccomendations or reviews? the only one ive seen is the Kari me sling which looks pretty good, just wondering if there are any others!
thanks! x

Replies

• Options
    If you can i would say wait until you have your baby and then go and try them out before you buy. I have a tomy one which is meant to be really good but Lizzie hates being in it!
  • Options
    oooh, never thought of that, i just figured i would get everything now so i wont have to leave the house untill im ready!lol x
  • Options
    Ring slings are flexible enough that you can carry them upright or sideways, and will last as long as your toddler wants to be carried. Actually, the most flexible ones are those that are just a big long bit of fabric - but it does involve learning how to tie them in different ways. The weight is spread across the shoulders much better.

I found this to be a very helpful site http://www.sasaslings.co.uk/
  • Options
    Thanks for the link Kxxx, really good website! x
  • Options
    I have one similar called a tricot slen
    http://www.babylonia.be/product.php?main_id=29&sub_id=33&lang=ENG
    I used it with my first and am using it with Oskar .I carry him everywhere with it and use it for bf on the go I can hang washing out at same time!!!!
    They are brilliant as you can tie them however you want
  • Options
    thanks, that one looks really good too image x
  • Options
    I have a calein bleu wrap and a connecta I love them both hated my baba sling x
  • Options
    I second a connecta...sooo comfy, but for a newborn I used a close carrier, its stretchy jersey material so LO can really get snuggled in and feel secure, they're great for bfeeding on the go too.

I started with a babasling that I bought while pregnant, as THM said I HATED it with a passion, found it so uncomfortable as it pulled on one shoulder rather than spreading the weight evenly, some people love them though. Def agree with Wannababy...if you're heavily pregnant now wait until you've had LO as you can't really tell whats comfy. If you can't decide there are several sling libraries nationally that you can hire slings from and try them out, sorry no link but just google it.

hth

Liz x
  • Options
    I'd recommend a sleepy wrap - I find mine really comfortable. You can apparantly BF in it, but I haven't as I think my LO would be too wriggly!
  • Options
    www.babyhawk.com
    www.bigmamaslings.co.uk
    or google kozy carriers.

these are all forms of mei tias and at 12 months old and 25lb i'm still carrying my daughter and cant feel her weight.

also they sit better and dont dangle by their crotch like they do on the likes of baby bjorn ones.

good luck with the rest of your pregnancy x
  • Options
    We have a Moby wrap and it's great. I've breastfed my son in it walking round and also ate my Easter dinner two-handed while he had his fill too and none of my in-laws were able to see anything 'rude', fab! I put him in it facing out for the first time today as he's got really nosy and doesn't like facing in any more unless he wants to go to sleep. Everyone was grinning at his little head poking out the top and he even smiled at total strangers!
    xx
  • Options
    just a little word of warning. its not good to have them facing out for too long in a sling. infact, they dont reccommend it due to the fact that women have boobs and their backs have to arch around this. not a natural position. back carrying is much safter and they can see ahead that way.
  • Options
    sleepybeccie - we only nipped down the High St for coffee with a friend, max 15 mins each way and got him out for a snooze in between. And my boobs are only small even though I'm breastfeeding!! See what you're saying though, I certainly wouldn't want him in it for much longer than that as my back couldn't take the big fat pudding's weight! I'm not sure he's big enough for back carrying yet and in any case was on my own so couldn't have got him in it. Sure he will love it though!
    xx