Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Baby skin - how do you get rid of rashes and spots

My nearly 5 month old baby always has little rashes and various different spots on her face and her head (generally the side of her head and her neck) and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about what I can do to prevent it or get rid of it when it is there... she has really sensitive skin and marks pretty much if you touch it (although the marks vanish reasonably quickly).

I'm not sure if there is anythign I can do about it or if it is just something that will come and go...

ANy advice would be very welcome!

Thanks,

Ally

Replies

• Options
    My lo is the same age, she gets little red spots on her chin if she has been dribbling a lot but they generally disappear very quickly. She occassionally gets rash on her neck if she's been too warm, think its sweat in her creases.
    Is there anything or time of day that starts them off? I'd probably just check with hv before putting any type of creams etc on her face
    Sorry can't be more help
  • Options
    Abby is exactly the same. I find dreamcream and dreamwash from Lush have done the best for her, so far anything I have been given on prescription has just made it all worse!

xx
  • Options
    Pumbacat I thought it might be heat rash but since she has had it nonstop since the sunny weather (and now we have no sun) I don't think it is that. It may be baby acne back, but if so I would like something to sort it out a bit!
    Thanks for your suggestions - I'll try both the avent cream and the dreamcream (and I'll try and find the wash - I couldn't find it on the website).
  • Options
    Fab, good luck with it! xx
  • Options

Breast milk! Honestly it works wonders for baby acne, apparently it naturally anti-bacterial and gentle on baby's skin.  Obviously only good if you are still breastfeeding at 5 months (I only made it to 3!) Xx