Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

only 6 weeks til babies op.so worried.

My daughter was born with a cleft lip and palate,she's 5 weeks at mo and due to have her lip operation done in six weeks.I'm so worried for her,I know its a routine op but its just not right someone so small having to have such surgery.Ive got so use to her as she is I'm also worried i'll feel like she's not mine having gone in looking one way and come out as someone different,of course it'll be nice for her to look 'normal', I don't really know what it is exactly i'm worried bout just so scared for her.she's my baby.

Replies

• Options
    Hey sarah just wanted to wish u and baby all the best. I'm sure you'll both be fine. And as u say she's ur baby so I'm sure u wont feel different. Let uis know how it goes.
  • Options
    hi sarah, you havent been on in a while hows everything going, its only normal to worry shes your baby and you dont want her to feel any pain, any mother would be the same. Does she have to go through more than one operation, poor wee mite my wee man is a week older than her i couldnt imagine going through it, no matter what she looks like shes still your same little girl. all the best, let us know how it goes.XXX
  • Options
    Best of luck, everything will be fine xx
  • Options
    hi thanks for your kind words.I've not really had much chance to come online last few weeks,by evening i've just crashed in bed but hopefully it'll keep imroving now.yeah she has got more ops her next one for her palate is in july.i've got such mixed emotions about it all.xXx