Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Formula milk prices!

Just been to boots to get Lily some milk- she has c&g comfort and boots is the only place here that sells it. It's usually ??7.49 a tub which was bad enough, today I've realized it's gone up to ??8.25! How can they just add so much on to the price? It's not like they've made it any better. Has anyone else's formula been put up? Think I might have to switch back to a cheaper brand!

xxx

Replies

• Options
    Thats a bit un fair! i use aptimal and havnt noticed a price rise... yet!!

Hannah xx
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure boots has just put the prices up on Aptimil by 50p - its ??7.98 or so in Boots, asda its ??7,49 or so and I'm sure they were the same last time I bought a tub. I'll be buying formula from asda from now on seeing as boots don't even give clubcard points on baby milk - just found htat out on sunday!
  • Options
    asda sell comfort milk. boots give points on next stage milk just not 1stage ones.
  • Options
    none of the shops give points on first stage milk, or offer any discounts, cos they cant. its a government ristriction! gosh i bet your shocked by that!!! its basically so they are not seen to be 'encouraging' bottle feeding, over breast feeding by offering insentives!! its utter crap.
  • Options
    Men in suits ruling what they know nothing about AGAIN!!! Trying my lo on Comfort and was shocked it's ??1.20 dearer than stage 1...now if it's gone up.....may not stop bf after all! lol
    Pity we can't go on strike! How long would your lo last?!!
  • Options
    oh for christ sake the price is rediculous as it is theres no need to put it up. i go through a tin every 6 or 7 days i cant afford it being a single mum an all! Its degraceful...has SMA gone up? stupid question! probably has!
  • Options
    hi lea77

don't know if it helps but tesco sell C&G comfort and it's 7.48 at the mo

kelly x
  • Options
    thats rubbish of the government... do they think i should let my lo scream in hunger cause i can't fill him up bf-ing! i'd love to get hold of these idiotsand tell them what i think of them!!

we seem to be going through a tin every week or so now and we can't really afford it either.. even without price increases!!
  • Options
    OMG Didnt know u cant get points from boots on baby milk- so glad u told me as i buy it there all the time and would have continued to do so despite the price rise coz the points always add up quickly there. My LO is still on the first stage. Well, now i know i can buy it from Asda so thanks for that

Hannah xx
  • Options
    OMG i didnt know that either....i boughtme milk there for the points! bloody liberty..ill just stick to supermarket then too! x
  • Options
    I only found out because I printed off one of those extra points on a total spend vouchers and it didn't work! If I'd known before I'd have gone to asda! Been buying baby stuff from boots for the points cause they do come in handy!

Think asda's baby week is still going on too... dirt cheap nappies!! I'm stockpiling them!
  • Options
    Its terrible putting the prices up and its wrong how the health professionals try and push you into breastfeeding! I bf my daughter for 14wks and really enjoy it but its not for everyone and some people just simply cant!

Sammy&Jayden....Haven't yet noticed a price difference with SMA? I'm sure it will be on its way!

Does anyone get milk vouchers? I got some milk from my local chemist as we was caught short the other day, as the lady asked if i had Milk vouchers? And said to speak to HV about them.

xxx
  • Options
    SMA over here (Belfast) went up from ??6.72 to ??6.98 a few weeks ago
  • Options
    I use Aptimal and its about 50pdearer in boots so I try to get it at the supermarket (Tesco or Asda).
    xxx
  • Options
    kia- baby week finished yesterday image

SMA in tesco i think is ??6.89 at the momnent...going to keep my beady eye on that one! Though i do prefer asda nowadays

• Options
    Damn... I knew I should have bought more stuff last week!! Still... 114 nappies for ??9 should keep us going for a little while!
  • Options
    I think they're putting extra tax on it, in the same way they make cigarettes and petrol more and more expensive in a bid to put people off using them.

In fact we're probably paying for our own child benefits by paying extra on formula!!
  • Options
    i use farleys first milk its only ??4.99 in most places so if i have another one i will try use this one.most of the other milks are 7 or 8 pound.so its lucky i pick that one in hospital instead of cow and gate.
  • Options
    Can't believe you don't get the points on it either in boots! Cos I'm out in the sticks I can only get to Morrisons- both Asda and tesco are miles away and I don't drive image Morrisons don't sell it.

It's so cheeky that they don't even tell you but just stick the price up! I chose the comfort one cos Lily had bad tummy ache n wind a lot of time so don't know if changing to a different brand would affect her- she's 9 months now.

We should start a protest! Formula isn't a luxury!

xxx