Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

need advice

my lo is 12 weeks old and has been sleeping through the night for the last 2 weeks. (8-30 til 6-30) i was wondering if it would be k to move him into his own room now, as my partner and myself seem to disturb him when we go to bed or if we get up in the night. i mentioned to my hv when i saw her last and she kept going on about keeping baby in room with parents until six months old. what do you think i should do?

Replies

• Options
    Do what you feel is right for your lo and don't listen to HV as they are following 'guidelines'. My lo went into her own room at 8 wks old and was perfectly fine as she can stretch out in her cot. xx
  • Options
    thanks for reply, been talking to oh about it and we have decided that we are going to put him in his own room from tomorrow
  • Options
    Hi Hayley

We moved our lo into her own room when she was 12weeks for the exact same reason. She def slept much better after we moved her. For our own reassurance we used one of the tommie tipee monitors with the sensor pad that you put under the mattress to detect the babies breathing. At least that way if something were to happen & your baby did stop breathing an alarm would alert you

Hilary
  • Options
    We moved our LO to his own room & cot at 10 weeks, he was just too big for his moses basket & i didn't think the mattress was very supportive. we slept right next door to his room, so felt we were still close enough. It is your choice although they do recommend 6 months.
  • Options
    hi, from my experience as soon as my lo's slept through for def then i moved them into a cotbed in their own room,it worked for me, but it's up to you what you feel is best.

good luck, michelle xx
  • Options
    my lo preferred his cot bed, he stretched out and loved it from 8 weeks.
  • Options
    thanks for your replys, have just put his cot back into his own room, so he'll be in there tonight for the first time. i was going to leave it til tomorrow but thought i might aswell do it today