Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anybody have the Tomy walkabout monitors?? Need help please!

Hi Mummies
I have the Tomy walkabout Premier monitors. Now that DD is in her cot in her own room and i have the parent unit next to me in bed, i've now noticed that the bloomin' night light part of it keeps coming on through the night! Anyone know how to stop it doing this as it keeps waking me up?! I presume it's letting me know the temperature is dropping in her room??
I don't mean the lights for if baby's crying but the power light.

Any help much appreciated before i end up chucking it at the wall tonight :lol::lol:
Thanks all xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Kelly,

I have the tomy walkabout ones ( i think), ours dont have the temp on it, but have had similar probl;ems but for us it kept bleeping manically at me at random points though night and switched its self off. It does do this when the monitor is down stairs. i have come to the conclusion the parent and child monitors are too close when it is upstaiirs ( despite there being a wall between us lol) so now i dont use it in bed i just go and check on him when i wake. x
  • Options
    We have the Tomy Premier monitors, but have never noticed the night light going on - didn't realise it did this if the temp went down. We still have baby in our room, as his room is far too cold at the minute.

Is there a telephone number for Tomy in the instruction manual? or maybe find out on the internet and give them a call - surely there has to be a way to switch this function off?!

Sorry no real help - but I'd give Tomy a call to see if they can help you.

xxx
  • Options
    I'm also no help but I've had problems with two lots of Tomy monitors too, bloody things. I hope someone can help.
  • Options
    hi i have the same problem, but have read the book and its mention to be a motion sensor. but i think this is rubbish, as we quite often leave the monitor on when no one in the room and it still goes off. you could turn it away from you at night so it wont shine in your face. or place it somewhere it wont be seen if it comes on. on the floor perhaps.....
  • Options
    We have the same damn problem!! i have found anything electrical near the baby monitor makes it worse but other than that im at a loss. The light seems to come on when it loses signal as the temp dissappears and the light comes on. This happened loads last night but then other nights its fine and the monitors are always in the same place! I worry about the monitor going off in the night but this happened once and it bleeps so woke me up and i just had to leave it off and open bedroom doors so i could hear LO if she cried. It seems a common problem and if anyone has a solution id also be pleased to hear it!