Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Research Request

Hi I am mum to Josh, six months and a student studying for a phd looking into early childhood feeding.

I am looking for mums with a baby between six months (or started on solids) and five years old to take part in a study looking at factors that influence our decision whether to bottle or breast feed and any problems we may have. For example it looks at problems with pain, other peoples attitudes and medical reasons.

I know this can be a very emotive subject but the study is in no way judging anybodys opinions or suggesting there is one right or wrong way of doing things. The aim of the study isnt to criticise or judge in any way - its there to hopefully help inform midwives and health visitors in the future about the problems people have and the reasons they make their choices so they can help new mums make the choice that is right for them and their baby. Really its trying to show just how difficult and complicated the whole infant feeding decision can be - not just a simple case of choosing breast or bottle as some health professionals make it out to be!

The study is completly voluntary and all answers will be kept confidential. It simply involves completing a questionnaire and should take around 20 minutes. Everyone who takes part will be entered into a draw to win Highstreet shopping vouchers -a main prize of ??30 and two of ??10 each. If you would like to take part please email me at a.e.brown@swansea.ac.uk and I can provide some more information about the study.

Thank you for your time Amy