Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Weaning

Hi mummys.......

I have just started weaning my 5month old daughter onto solids.....and i just wondered the best way to do this?

Any suggestions please....
xXx

Replies

• Options
    i found that starting with baby rice was good, then gradually moved onto puree veg and fruit. but also know that alot of mummies have just gone straight to the fruit and veg which i wish i had done as dd prefered them so much better,
    DD is also 5 months i started weaning at 4 but i also now give her finger food like bread, toast, rusks, biscuits, anything that just turns to mush lol.

Good luck its messy business.
    Sarah xx
  • Options
    Hi

i started with the rice too as in the begining they can't get their tongues to do the right thing and it just pokes out and its much less frustrating to keep wiping up something that took 30 sec to make rather than peeling chopping steaming and pureeing first!

I then moved onto baby cereals and fruit and veg purees

Good luck - have fun - theres lots of weaning books perhaps borrow one from the library if you get stuck for ideas ( some of the suggestions will be gross!)
  • Options
    Thanx girlies.....Just wondered what time of day should i be giving her food?