Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

She slept through for 1st time!!!!

Just had to share it although I know I run the risk of breaking the spell! My lo is 17 weeks and fully bf but I recently changed the 10.30 feed to a big bottle of formula. Horray for formula! Need to do everything I did with her yesterday now. She slept from 7-6.45 with a 10.30 dream feed......please tell me it will last, 4 months of broken nights is not good for the skin!

Replies

• Options
    wow isnt it just great when they sleep through for the first time! Isaac is 19 weeks and he started sleeping through a couple of weeks ago i feed him at 7 and he now goes till between 7 and 7.30 next morning i thought it was never going to happen. heres hoping it carries on for you.

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/4/481/48138.png

• Options
    joseph has slept through for a few weeks but he is bottle fed. its great aint it!!! my oh also feeds him at 630 before he goes to work and lo goes back to sleep for an hour in bed with me!! im sure it will continue hun and when joseph does wake i know he can wait so just stick his dummy back in!!
  • Options
    oh lucky u!! my lo slept thru several times but not for ages. he did well last nite tho, 3.30-7.30! oh for a full nite. i thought it would help weaning him, not so far...
  • Options
    Aint it great when they sleep through Archie has slept through for a full week now well when i say sleep through he is feeding at 11-11:30 and waking about eight. we have given him a dummy about a week or so ago so when he stirs which is usually about 5 oclock i pop his dummy in and he settles for another couple of hours or so...When his big sisters and Dad go back to school next week i hope that we can do the last feed about nine and he will sleep till six seven oclock and then he will be fed before his sisters get up.. This would be my ideal but hay ho we will see how we go...
  • Options
    I'm with you curlyclaire. Still haven't had a full nights sleep at 23 weeks. Tried formula but makes no difference. Typing with lo on my knee as she keeps puking if I leave her in cot to cry and just won't sleep tonight. I need some me time! Good for you Lisa Marie. Hope lo does it again tonight for you x
  • Options
    hiya, kinda new to here. just wanted to add that my lo is 3months now and is sleeping from about 8pm till 7am, waking briefly for a feed around half ten, he's still completely breastfed.

he seems a happy baby and the health visitor is happy with him, but i still cant help but wake up at all the 'usual' feeding times and end up checking he's still breathing etc.....

xxx
  • Options
    hi. im also really lucky.. my baby boy is sleeping through the nights too from 8ish to 7ish in the morning!...
    he's done it for three nights running now and he's only 8 weeks!!...
    fingers crossed!
  • Options
    How did it go last night Lisa Marie? Hope you're having more of the same. I still haven't had more than couple of hours lol. Used to in now. x
  • Options
    Hi, yes she did it again tue night 7-7 with the 10.30 dream feed but this morning woke at 6am because she had done a big explosive poo. I think the formula must take a bit to get used to as her bowel habits have changed and it's very smelly! She can't cope with a poo in her nappy and gets very upset unless it's changed straight away.
    I hope it happens soon for you evab1 as I know how exhausted you must feel. People expect you to be back to normal after so many months and can't understand why you need a lay down in the afternoon. I was so desperate and asked all my friends with babies what to do and nearly all of them suggested Gina Ford. I had always gone down the other route (demand feeding, co-sleeping, ect) and thought GF far too tough but I have to eat my words. I follow the feeding times and sleep times (unless I'm out) and it's not that strict and it does work. Hope it happens soon. x x
  • Options
    Looks like you've cracked it Lisa Marie! Well done to your lo! I have the Gina Ford book too and don't follow it to the letter but it is a good base guideline to follow. Its got loads of good advice too about weaning, naps etc. x x x