Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Archie's been in PICU- worst experience ever...

2»

Replies

• Options
    hun wont send hugs to you and glad he getting better
  • Options
    Pleased he's better now. Poor lil man!

xx
  • Options
    Oh, how terrible, can't even imagine how scary all that must have been. Poor little Archie, you must be so so happy to have him home with you all. It just shows you should always trust your instincts. Wishing you all a happy family christmas. xxx
  • Options
    Poor thing but glad to hear he's on the up. Hope it all settles down for you now for christmas. My lo also called Archie so will be thinking of his fellow cyber pal Archie. S x
  • Options
    Cant believe how chocked i am reading this, im so glad Archie is back home and with you, i know Birmingham childrens hosp is the best had an experiernce with my daughter at 7 months lucky for us we are only 20 mins away and i know you travel alot further. Hope all is well now.
    Love to you all
    Nikki anbd baby fraser (Nov birth Buddys)
  • Options
    So glad you are all home together safe and sound! Take care! x
  • Options
    Hi Im so shocked to read what happened to your little boy, i never venture out of TTC or miscarriage support & when i do god cant believe I stumble across a story so similar to ours & ive never met anyone who had the same experience!

Was the bronchilitis the deadly RSV strain by any chance? my lo got it at 5.5weeks & she was very bad too but thankfully did not need life support it was the scariest week of my life you feel sooooo helpless dont you & the worst is not being able to cuddle them :\(.

So glad you are all home safe & sound but you'll be petrified for a while with any sniffle & you are right to wrap them up in cotton wool after an experience like that.

best of luck for the future, I'm off back to TTC image!

K.x
  • Options
    Por you and archie! hope hes on the mend. what a nightmare for all of you. take care and lots of love xxx
  • Options
    OMG you must have been sooo scared!! I am sooo pleased your wee man is on the mend, huge hugs to you all xxx
  • Options
    Sorry to hear your news but glad he is doing better. Just wanted to ask if he was in the Bham Womens Hosp? That's where my boy was taken after birth and he too was on life support for bout a week and I can totally sympathise with how awful it is. I didn't hold my boy until a week after his was born and it was touch and go at times. If it wasthe Womens I have to concur that they are amazing (partic the nurses). Or was it the Childrens?
  • Options
    Oh, how truly awful - I wouldn't have appreciated how much so a few weeks ago but now my LO is here I have at least a tiny glimpse of how frightening this must've been for you. So glad all is well, lots of love to Archie.
  • Options
    Thanks again ladies for your kind wishes- Archie was in the Children's Hosp ITU in Birm. They didn't find the RSV but were sure it was bronchiolitis from his symptoms- apparentky the stringy phlegm is quite distinctive!!
  • Options
    What an awful thing to have happen to your precious LO. Hugs, I really hope things look up for you. xxx
  • Options
    Ahhh hun. I'm so sorry for what your little man (and you and hubbie) have been thro. I can only imagine how terrifing it must of been. Thank God he is recovering now. I hope you all have a lovely family xmas together and big hugs. Love Sarah and girls x x x x
  • Options
    OMG!! I can't imagine how scary, terrifing, worrying....that must have been for you. I'm so glad he is better and home with you. Hope you have a good christmas.

Kerry, Freya and Bump
    X X X
  • Options
    Oh god that is so terrible and can't imagine how scared you were but am so happy to hear he is better now.

Big hugs to you all and have a great family christmas!