Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Just Baby blues??

Hi ladies

Its my 1st post here really and i'm gutted it has to be about this but i'm desperate and getting myself into a state and just need some reassurance that this is normal as i'm terrified i'm getting PND.

Our twins are now 13 days old and very much wanted babies after a difficult 2 yr journey.

The birth was increadibly quick and a little traumatic/dramatic but i seem to have recovered physically very quickly, maybe even a little too quickly..

I have a loving husband and a beautiful 4 yr old daughter, great support system.

The babies are growing fantastically.

My life is perfect.....

Why is it then that i feel so tearful and dreadfully alone??? I hate feeling like this i love my babies (all 3) with all my heart i should be glowing with pride right now, but all i just feel so sad and down.
I feel like i'm crying all the time and just not coping at all, everything is an effort.

Please tell me this is just a case of the babyblues or shear exhaustion from lack of sleep and it will get better cause right now i don't how i can do this especially with hubby going back to work next week.

Lilac* Jack & Poppy 13 days
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Replies

• Options
    Of course it'll get better hun - you've just gone through a dramatic 9 months where your body has created 2 amazing little people. Your hormones will be up and down and all over the place, and what you're feeling now is completely normal.

It is daunting knowing that hubby will be going back to work, but you'll soon realise that you can manage those hours without him. I only had one baby at a time, so I can't begin to comment on twins, but I'm sure that you'll do brilliantly.

Just give yourself a chance - it's completely normal to be tearful, don't beat yourself up about it - just enjoy your little ones, and come on here to rant whenenver you need to - that's what we're all here for.

Congratulations on the birth of Jack and Poppy (my first is a Jack - excellent name choices!)

xXx

[Modified by: poppygirl on December 30, 2009 09:37 PM]

• Options
    I would tell your HV how you feel having someone to talk to is such a relief. When I finally told HV how I felt it was like a weight had been lifted...my baby was 12 months old at this point!

Can you tell hubby how you feel? Can you plan to do something each day to help take your mind off it and stop you feeling 'alone'?

Hugs. xxx
  • Options
    Hopefully its just baby blues, new babies are exhausting and first few weeks are traumatic so even harder for twins and young child too. You are full of hormones, lacking in sleep and recovering from pregnancy and birth. Its normal to be overwhelmed and emotional its still early days. Get all the help and support you can, make sure your eating well too.
    If its more than that and it turns out to be Post N Depression or/& Post traumatic stress then you can get through it. You take it a day at a time and talk about it. I have both and got talked into joining new mum group and I'm really glad I did. I'm getting there slowly but steadily. I don't feel so detatched emotionally anymore.
    Take care of your self, make sure you off load. I'm sure you are a wonderful mum, feel proud. xx
  • Options
    Hi Lilac

First of all I wanted to send you lots of (((((hugs)))))

You've been through so much - not just the fact that you had twins but all you went through before and to get here. And then the traumatic birth on top of all that and looking after two babies and a little one. It's not a surprise that you are worn out! In a way I feel I can relate to your story because as you know we had a difficult journey to get here too and I also had a very fast, traumatic birth. It takes its toll on you and I think you're in shock for a while at first and suddenly everything can hit you. Especially with your husband going back to work next week, you're bound to feel anxious about that.

I agree with the others who said to talk to your HV. Sometimes all you need is for someone to listen.

I really hope you're feeling better soon :\)

Love NN and Olyvia xxx

http://lb1f.lilypie.com/Tp6A.png

http://lbff.lilypie.com/vBTq.png