Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bananas and Constipation

I was going to give my lo a banana tomorrow mashed up for her lunch but I keep hearing that it can leave babies with Constipation. Has anyone experienced this?

Kara has a stomach bug this week and has the Dirrohea and is just getting over this and I wouldn't want this to affect her again by leaving her constipated.

Any advice?

Replies

• Options
    Hi nashy, yes I think this is true to an extent as they are quite 'binding'. Although, I think you would only need to worry if your lo has a problem with constipation in the first place. Bananas are generally quite good for settling upset stomachs and some recommend them if baby has diarrhea. Hope Kara gets well soon. x
  • Options
    Hi
    I've read that Banana's are good in both cases, for diarrhea(sp?) and constipation. (annabel karmel i think?).

Ruby had Banana with baby rice the other day and loved it image But the next day her poo had little black bit from the banana in it! lol
    xxx
  • Options
    Thats great thanks. Although her Dirrohea is nearly away it might help. Kara has never had a problem with Constipation so I try them.

Louise
  • Options
    Louise,

Bananas gave Amy really severe constipation when she was small but she is ok now that shes older. I wouldnt say to you not to try them though coz all babies are different but just keep an eye out that her wee bowels are moving as they usually do after her having them.

Hilary x