Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Please PLEASE Help... Advice Needed RE FOOD!!!

Hi
Aimee is 11 months old and I have no idea how much food she should be having. How much is your little ones having. I know ever baby is different but if you could give me a break down of what the eat during the day and the potion sizes i would be really grateful

Thank u xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hiya,
    Imogen is nearly 10 mths old and is not a big eater but this is what she has on a daily basis:
    7am - 7oz bottle
    8am - weetabix and toast
    10am - snack of fruit (maybe half banana/apple or raisins)
    11.30am - protein lunch of chicken cass or shepherds pie etc (size equiv to 3 cubes) followed by yoghurt or fruit
    2pm - 7oz bottle
    4.30pm - tea which could be anything like pasta, jkt pot with cheese, sandwiches followed by fruit
    6.45pm - 8oz bottle

As i said she isn't a big eater but as long as she is happy and healthy then thats all that matters. Hope this helps.
    Mel xx
  • Options
    Thank you. Im finding it hard to get that 3rd bottle in so she has enough milk. She has a morning bottle and night bottle but if she has a bottle during the day she want eat her dinner. I have now moved her onto cow and gate stage 4 as she was on stage 2 (for hungrier babies) and that was what she was on either before weaning started so i thought it might be filling her up to much. What milk is Imogen on? Also her 11.30 meal is that jar's or home made? and the jacket potato will she just chew on that? sorry to ask so many questions, im a first time mum and still feel like i havent got a clue about what i am doing.
  • Options
    Hey don't be so hard on yourself! You're her mummy and you're doing a great job.
    Sounds like you made the right choice changing Aimee's milk as it prob will have been filling her up as its thicker. Imogen has cow & gate follow on milk (stage 3? purple carton). She never finishes her bottles during the day so i make sure she has plenty of cheese, yoghurts etc as these all go towards their daily milk intake which at this age should be approx 18floz. I home cook her food as i personally find it cheaper, i just do batches of it then freeze it. What i do with the jkt potato is scoop out the potato and mix it with cheese and butter then put it back into the potato skin, feed her the potato then see if she chews on the skin (although she never seems to get very far but its funny to watch!).
    Don't apologise for asking questions as thats what this forum is for, to help each other so feel free to ask away hunny. x