Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Baby bedtime?

I wouldn't worry, about when they go to bed, my daughter seems to need far less sleep than anyone else's or than the books recommend, thankfully she does do most of her sleeping at night but it does mean that she goes to bed at 10.30pm... she will then go to 3-5am ( i am very grateful for the 5am wakes!!) and then back until 8am ish. She is then very alert all day and has a 2/3 hr nap at 2pm ish when i run round doing house work and preparing tea. I would love for her to sleep more so that my partner and I could reclaim some evenings without having to get the baby sitters in but if shes happy and that is what she wants to do then we have to go with it!
With regards to the waking, it gets better as they get older, even by a month. If you bottle feed or part bottle feed (Poppy has a bottle at lunchtime and another and 9pm, breastfed the rest of the time) the a hint I was given is to give the hungry baby formula in the last feed and they may sleep for longer, but ensure that they are still being fed enough and gaining weight properly etc... we started on the combined on advice of the hv as pop was slow to gain weight - now she's flying!