Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

wiping noses

Why do your darling children not like having there noses wiped,when you wipe them they kick off and then look at you and like you have just really hurt them and make you feel bad,Leo is sitting in his hair chair blowing snot bubbles out of his nose and i have just wiped it and he is in a right sulk with me now lol
vikki xx

Replies

• Options
    It's funny because before I had Poppy my pet hate was children with snotty noses!! I still don't like it but I understand now what a drama it is to wipe their noses!! Poppy hates it and tries to bite the tissue!
    I also hate waxy ears (there was a kid in my class at school who had really, really waxy ears all the time!), luckily Poppy likes me wiping her ears!
  • Options
    Lol yeah when you can see the wax its horrible, leo doesnt mind the ears its the nose, thats my pet hate children with snotty noses but when youve got children yourself you kind of understand more.
  • Options
    I've been dealing with my son's snotty nose for the past few days. How does one little nose create so much grossness? I use a wet cloth to wipe it. It think it's a little easier on his skin than a tissue or a dry cloth. He hates it, but I can't stand the though it it running into his mouth so he just has to live with having it cleaned up.
  • Options
    neither mine like their noses wiped. my daughter (the youngest) hates it and glares at me everytime i do it! and she tries to take the tissue away from me if she can see me coming with it. my son is now 4 and he isnt too bad. but he hates his nose running and screams "SNOT COMING SNOT COMING" really panicking!!
    i just cant understnad that the smaller the child, the more snot that appears!!!
  • Options
    Chelle, you've just given hubby and I a real giggle! We're imaging your little 4 year old running around shouting 'snot coming'! Magic xx
  • Options
    The only thing Amy will let me wipe her nose with is a wet wipe or a baby wipe. I think they are gentler on their skin too & clean it up better!!!