Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Help - Anyone got any spare matchsticks to keep my eyes open

HI Ladies

My 14 week old daughter usd to sleep through the night but now is waking around every 4 hours and has been since her last injections at 12 weeks.

I think she is also teething - could this be the reason ???

Anyone else LO sudenly start doing this ??

Anyone gpt any tips - i need sleep!!! lol

Cazz

Replies

• Options
    YES!!!! Tyler is 14 weeks too and since his jabs he has been waking every 3 hrs again - he was going 6 hrs then taking a feed then another 6 hrs! I wondered if he was teething coz he is really dribbling and chewing on his fist!

But - no tips babe - just alot of sympathy!! xx xx
  • Options
    oh dear image i dont have any tips but bucket loads of sympathy. My evie is now 10months and for some reason has started waking in the night for the last two weeks. There is never anything the matter, she just must wake up and rather than settle herself, cries for mummy.

Last night we just left her to cry as we need to break the habbit of going in and lying her back down and giving her her bedtime teddy and her dummy. She cried from 3.15am - 4.15 :cry: so i'm a very tired mummy!

I think we all deserve a day off? anybody agree?
  • Options
    No spare match sticks here I'm afraid as Barney (13 weeks) is doing the same!!! He had been sleeping from 7.30 untill 5ish but is now waking at 2.00 and 5 and refusing to go back to sleep after his feed at five unless I take him to bed. OH has been doing late nights so I can't get to sleep untill gone 11 and I am knackered!! I don't know what to do with him, he is taking a full bf every time he wakes up so I don't feel I can try and get him back to sleep without feeding him but I'm sure it has now become habit and thats the only reason he wakes up. He's also suddenly become much harder to settle at night in the first place, he used to go off quietly by himself and now we have to go back to him several times. I have decided that tonight I am going to start doing pick up put down at bedtime to get him back into the habit of settling him self and I thought I might try giving him a dream feed this evening. Whenever we've tried a dream feed before it mad him wake up around three but frankly, that would be an improvement lol!!
    Kerry xx
  • Options
    Hi Kerry

Have we got twins ??!!

I also bf my daughter and the only way she will go back to sleep is to have a feed i have been able to get her to go back over on her own but takes ages and she has really loud cry!!!

Cazz

[Modified by: Airlie Bird on September 30, 2008 08:25 AM]

• Options
    sorry, mine are in full use and have been for 3 weeks since lo's 8 week injections!

she was sleeping from 8/9 till 2/3 then waking at 6/7. I was starting to find that she sometimes only fed for 10mins at 2/3 and occasionally woke at 4 for first feed meaning lots of sleep for me!

Now, she usually goes down closer to 8 than 9, but even if closer to 9, she wakes between 11 and 11.30, then every two hours or sometimes, like last night every hour!!!! Sometimes giving her her dummy can keep her settled but that usually only works for 1/2 hour, i've ben trying to give her her dummy to get her out of waking so much expecting food.

She is bf and when waking so often is usually too tired to feed from both sides, when i've encouraged her to feed from both sides she has still woken again after two hours and taken much longer to settle again.

At the moment i'm hoping her 2nd injections might correct her sleeping pattern but i'm not holding out much hope! The stupid thing is that she feeds more often at night than in the day!!!!!
  • Options
    Can I join the band of sleepless mummies?

I am like a zombie cos Reiss has a cold and for the last couple of weeks has been awake every hour throughout the night. Even though he is a little better he seems to be in the habit of waking up so often now. I wouldn't mind but he's been on solids for 2 weeks now and ever since I started them his sleeping has gone up the spout.

He obviously doesn't subscribe to the theory that once they start solids they wake up at night less!

I wouldn't mind but he doesn't sleep for more than half an hour at a time during the day - grrrr..

Got LOTS of make up on today lol!xx

• Options
    hi jack has been the same, he's 10 weeks. he had been sleeping from nine til 3am then feed and down til 7 or 8. but last few nights been waking around 12 or 1 also. thought by this stage he would be sleeping longer at night not less!!

red bull sounds good.

a very tired becsxx
  • Options
    i've just made my self feel a bit better by buying lo some nice clothes in the debenhams sale and so that I had enough change to get out of the car park.........iced ring doughnuts!!!! (from that well discussed Gregs bakery lol)
  • Options
    lol lisa

I hae just been to the shops got some Lucozade to keep me awake, LO some winter clothes in the sale and some lovely looking iced doughnuts with chocolate on !!!!!

Cazz
  • Options
    Louise had a good sleep in the car and round the shops and is in a better mood from it too!
  • Options
    Don't want to speak too soon but Jaina is in bed now havng a sleep hopefully in a better mood when she wakes up
  • Options
    hi all,i know how you all feel my lo learnt how to roll over last nite at 3:30 and because she has never slept on her tummy she couldnt get comfy so i had to keep turning her back every 5 mins shes slept for last hour while i run round and do housework,suposed to be going to gym some how i dont think i will still be awake to go,merriel & hollie
  • Options
    can i join the no sleep club? freya is awful. last night she went down at 8.30
    but woke again at 9.30 then again at 11 so i though id leave her to settle and she cried for an hour before i gave in and got her back to sleep, but she woke an hour later. so i gave up then and she came in bed with me where she slept and fed on and off until morning. she is like this most nights and is 6 months!!! controlled crying doest work with her she is soo determined to get our atention! im just going to have to ride it out and pray that she improves soon. x
  • Options
    Louise shuffles towards the side of the cot where my bed is and ends up banging her head rooting for food....bless her, but it does wake me up so it gets her what she's looking for!