Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How soon after C-section can I try for another?

hi

My doctor has advised waiting 6 months after C-section before trying for another baby, and MW has advised 12 months. I am no spring chicken and want to go for it asap before it's too late.

How long should I wait? :\?

Replies

• Options
    I thought it was 12 months as you need to let your body recover internally before falling again. I had a sec in Oct but don't plan on trying again till lo is 2 years old.

Good luck with whatever you decided.xxx
  • Options
    My mum got pregnant with my sister 8 months after having me and I don't think it did any harm. We were both c-sec babies. And there is only a year between my oh and his older sister and she was a c-section baby. His mum even managed to give birth naturally. I'd say listen to ur doctor, wait the 6 months and go for it. xxx

[Modified by: **Tiger Lily** on January 30, 2008 02:45 PM]
  • Options
    My lo is almost 5 months old and I have been surprised to discover that I am about 9 weeks pregnant. I had a c-sec and my gp has warned that there is a good chance that I will not go to term and will probably have to have anothe c-sec. We'll just have to see how it goes!